Aerogarden grow

I'm growing 2 plants in an Aerogarden and just into the first week of 12/12 to flower. I've been trimming the leaves that are getting into the lights and burning the leaves. I'm keeping as much as I can at or just above the scrog. I can't really lift the light any more because I'm very limited in space and equipment. I'll keep trimming the bottom leaves. Am I ruining the ability for bud formation?

I would only use the aerogarden to nurse my clones and then i would either put them into a real hydroponic system or into soil pots. I have seen some peeps grow from seed to flower in aerogarden and it is decent but not enough yield.

I'm growing 2 plants in an Aerogarden and just into the first week of 12/12 to flower. I've been trimming the leaves that are getting into the lights and burning the leaves. I'm keeping as much as I can at or just above the scrog. I can't really lift the light any more because I'm very limited in space and equipment. I'll keep trimming the bottom leaves. Am I ruining the ability for bud formation?

I'm struggling to envision, even with scrog, how you grow a pot plant in an Aerogarden. I have one of those in my kitchen, and I grow basil and thyme and oregano in it. I have to trim my basil down out of the lights every few days or it burns.

Trim the leaves that would burn, because a trim is better for the plant than a burn. Trim as little as possible off a plant because the leaves are its source of food.

I would imagine, with a LOT of training, i.e. tieing that plant down on its side and keeping as much as humanly possible growing sideways instead of up, you could fit a whole pot plant in there if you went 12/12 from seed. But, wow, I can't imagine this at all. I sure hope you have a journal going because I would seriously like to follow and see how this goes.

You're not "ruining" the ability for bud formation, but you're not in an optimal setting for great buds, either. The leaves store the energy they get from the lights that the plant needs to produce the buds. I, mean, you can't be expecting a bumper crop out of this thing, but you should get some smoke at the end of the run.

If you ever grow big, the Aerogarden is really great for starting seeds and/or clones, yeah.

Was looking at 420 and realized you had posted a reply a few years ago that I never saw until today. You guys are right. The Aerogarden attempts did fall "short" but I did "get some smoke at the end of the run". Don't have a scrog picture but here's some pix of my first attempt after I removed the lamp and used sunlight thru a window.

aero 1.JPG
aero 2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom