AHH?! Strong plants dying

Jack DaRipper

So, I had to come home and do an emergency transplant due to some uninvited company. So I went to throw one of the three plants I had into its own seperate container to make it easier to move...Same soil as I was using..transplanted it, watered the soil down, and when I was done doing the whole transplant, the first plant's leaves where all limp and looked as if it was dead instantly....should I worry about this, count it as a loss, or just wait till tomorrow and hope it pulls through the night??
:reading420magazine:

hang in there mate give it a few days it should pick up if you dont mind me asking what uninvited company and have you treated the proble:roorrip: peace

Thanks for the responses, I guess you could say i was anxious to get an answer. It seems to have come back slightly, though when I went out yesterday, an animal had knocked the bucket over with the same plant that had to be moved, so talk about shock! It seems to be coming back around to normal though, I cut off two fan leaves that were looking damaged. I had some ppl come and look at my back deck to build some new stairs and my grow was on said back porch..

still looking somewhat weak...she has till the end of tomorrow or shes getting ripped and replaced with another one that could use that space...

OKay, so to prevent from having to use a new topic im going to re-use this topic thread.

I have an outdoor plant, that went into transplant shock, and it started to recover. Its been about a week now. Anyways, in the morning the plant looks normal, leaves sticking out, nice and sturdy...but when the sun comes out, the plant droops and looks like its dying..what causes this? I know that plants do droop..but it does this first thing in the morning with the morning sun..it was perfectly fine this morning even after a night of steady rain..then I go back out and it looks as if its dying. Been doing this for a few days now..WTF over!

Sounds like the plants have been collecting salt deposits from over-feeding. Now that you have transplanted your plant it should be OK. Salt deposit build up from fertilizers occurs frequently. Every few weeks you should leech (Rinse) your plants soil with tepid tap water. Soak the whole thing a few times and let it drain completely. Hope this helps

maybe, we have been having major rain storms where at one point it was raining every night for like 3 days straight. My plants are in well draining buckets with a layer of mulch to help prevent compression of the soil, and to help keep the soil cooler and to maintain the moisture somewhat, so as im not watering as much, which in turn means less often I have to visit them...I just been keeping an eye out since this one is sick..it just seems odd that its normal early in the morning but then come when the sun is starting to show really, then the leaves begin to droop..so ill have to pay attention...cant let these babies die, they are some "afghan kush" seeds...

Now I don't soil grow these plants but i've gardened for 30+ years. Sounds to me like they are not taking up water for some reason. Only explanation I can come up with for in essense a wilt under sunlight. If the soil wet a finger's length down? Are the lower leaves yellowing? If everything is wet or overwet I take a spade and make a half circle about 4-6" away from the plant base and cut some roots to stimulate new root growth and develop a path for the excess water to run off to.

The babies seem to be doing well besides fighting those damn bugs that look like flying peices of lint..they are crazy about the babies and dont seem to bug any other plants! I just noticed too that I have a 10 fingered fan leaf...I was under the impression that they grew in odd numbers..not that I have a problem with it, just thought it was something to point out as you dont see it often..

how often do you water

I can usually tell if our plants need water by the weight of the pots. The best way to check though is to put your finger into the soil about 1.5 inches down. If it's moist don't water it. If it's dry, water your plant thoroughly with oxygenated, tepid water, and let drain completely.

Sounds like you have an infestation of Spider mites. Make sure that your grow area is completely free of dirt, cuttings and so forth. A sterilized grow area and sterilized tools helps to keep this problem to a minimum. Also, use clear soda water or oxygenated water in a spray bottle. Spray under the leaves as well as on top every day. This will eliminate infestations before it's too late. As far as the leaves with 10 fingers, they are normal and happens more than you would think. The plant is no more potent than any other. Hope this helps.

I can usually tell if our plants need water by the weight of the pots. The best way to check though is to put your finger into the soil about 1.5 inches down. If it's moist don't water it. If it's dry, water your plant thoroughly with oxygenated, tepid water, and let drain completely.
sorry sonofa i was asking jack how often he waters :roorrip: peace

maybe, we have been having major rain storms where at one point it was raining every night for like 3 days straight. My plants are in well draining buckets with a layer of mulch to help prevent compression of the soil, and to help keep the soil cooler and to maintain the moisture somewhat, so as im not watering as much, which in turn means less often I have to visit them...I just been keeping an eye out since this one is sick..it just seems odd that its normal early in the morning but then come when the sun is starting to show really, then the leaves begin to droop..so ill have to pay attention...cant let these babies die, they are some "afghan kush" seeds...

If it rained for three nights straight and rained a lot if the soil was still wet when it started raining again they could actually be overwatered.
If the plants are drying out completely then you need to transplant into a larger container, if not then the plants root system might still be under some shock and unable to absorb the water needed for that large of a plant under midday sun. Unfortunately a situation your just going to have to wait out.
Either way, hope you get it figured out. Good luck bro.

Back
Top Bottom