Ahhh mold

hydro-noob

Hello all

I have a DWC in my closet using a 4x2 T5 light, i have a carbon filter and circulation fan. The carbon filter has been in use for 3 grows it is located in the top of the closet. Last grow i noticed a tiny bit of mold right near the end of my grow, it was near the top of the closet, i admit my Air Flow Sucks! The humidity and temp get up there! I sprayed it down with Chlorine after my last grow.

It's been at least 6 months since i grew last, I'm now 4 weeks in and turned on the carbon filter about 1.5 weeks ago, Black spotty MOLD ALL OVER THE TOP OF MY CLOSET. WTF

What is the best remedy for this problem?

How dangerous is this mold ? the closet is in my bedroom!

Could the carbon filter be causing this or making it worse? (i read they can breed mold??)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HYDRO-NOOB

What can i do to fix this situation

It sounds like your having the same problem as a buddy of mine once had. He used to grow in his closet as well. He had his carbon filter on the upper shelf too. For him he was going on his 4th grow and experienced major humidity problems. He started getting black splotchy mold all over the upper shelf close to his filter.

This is what he did to resolve the situation.

I told him most carbon filters need to be changed after 1 year of use. Your basically looking at 9 months plus on your filter. It might be time to change it. So he changed his and then moved it from the top shelf to the bottom where the air is cooler and less humid. He worked extra hard on his air flow and ventilation. After he got it all ironed out he never had a mold issue again.

My guess is you have a major humidity issue coupled with poor ventilation. If your carbon filter and white pre filter are getting clogged it turns from a scrubber to a mold factory with wet air.

So basically I would either move your carbopn filter to ground level or get a de-humidifier. You also might want to check your carbon filter, especially your white prefilter. I'm guessing thats your real issue not the carbon filter itself. So look into replacing that it's cheap compared to the filter. Try your best to work out the airflow problem. Stagnet air plus humidity = mold, and since it's in your bedroom it's something not to play with. Black mold is really bad shit so clean the crap out of it with bleach. You can get yourself very sick with black mold spores floating around your bedroom. So take care of that problem instantly.

I hope this helps bud :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom