Am i expecting too much from this filter?

growjoe

I bought a carbon filter hoping to combat the wonderful smell of my grow room. It seemed to work great until about week 5 of flowering, which is when i need it the most. I dont have a brand name of the filter because i dispose of packaging immediately.Six inch output, 2 ft long, and about 12 inch diameter, i paid around 2 hundred for it. Am i expecting too much from this filter?? At this point it isnt filtering ANY smell. I forgot to add that this is the first grow on this filter.

I've had mine running nonstop for the last 5 months in a perpetual grow and it's working just fine. It's the same size, but I picked mine up for like $75. What's your fan's cfm and what's the size of your space?

6x10....7ft ceiling. I have the fan on low 24 hours a day. Dude at the store said that one pass through the filter waisnt enough, of course he recommended I buy another one!! If I thougqht another one would take care of it, I would buy one

That's a lot of space for a 6" fan & filter. It's 420 cubic feet. Ideally, you want a CFM rating of over 500 for your sized space. I suggest going with an 8 inch and if it's too much, get a speed regulator.

Back
Top Bottom