Am I missing something? Looking for Mars-Hydro daisy chain cord

bluthird

I've searched ebay. I've googled. I've searched this and other forums. I've e-mailed the sellers I purchased a MH II LED light from on ebay, I've e-mailed the manufacturer. The response I keep getting is that I don't need a special cord for daisy chaining, just use the cord that came with the light. Or use a computer power supply power cord. I've sent a picture of the daisy chain socket to the sellers to clarify, the socket is -clearly- unlike any standard power cord socket.

I really don't get it (and I'm not even stoned.. maybe that's the problem) but why does a manufacturer tout the ability to daisy chain their products, yet have no clue what I am looking for. How are people finding cords to daisy chain their daisy-chainable lights? The manufacturers final solution was that i would be able to order one direct from them in China, but pay a high price for the cord and big ticket shipping.

The only other thought that comes to mind is that a daisy chain cord comes with the lights but was somehow omitted on both the lights that I purchased?

Yeah, I could just use 2 power cords, one separate for each light - but why if there is a daisy capable socket?

Grrr... :trance:

I think I need a bowl now. :bong:

Possible you don't have a real MARS II? I don't daisy mine but the sockets look fine...........

Got a PIC?

Oh man, I hate to think it's a knock off.

Here's the socket pic:

0318151936.jpg

Here's the actual daisy cord. (e-mailed to me by Mars-Hydro from China)

Cord3.jpg

OK - the million dollar question: Where do I get the cords that allows to interconnect 2 (or more) lighting units?

It certainly isn't included with the lights, and no mention that I can see on the manufacturers website on what it is and where to get it. They could at least mention the type of socket that it is.

i.e. "3 Prong IEC320C13 to NEMA 5-15P" or whatever it actually is.

@wizgro - where do you get the cord that you connected your two 1200 units?

(The cord in the second picture I do not have - but I need)

Any standard computer power supply cord will work fine.

One one end will be what you normally plug into your household outlets, and the other end will be what you plug into the power supply.

There are also some guitar amps using this type of plug, some printers, computer monitors, and other miscellaneous electronics all use this same cord.

The million dollar answer: You don't need a special cable. You already said you can plug both lights into the wall... use that SAME cable, but instead of plugging it into the wall, plug it into that socket in the picture above. There is no special funny looking cable like that, as mentioned above, it's just a universal plug that accepts multiple types of plugs, including the one that you already have.

OK, thanks guys. You see, if you hit me over the head enough times with a 2x4, I'll get it.

A classic case of paralysis by analysis. I over-studied it. If I had actually physically tried to plug in a standard power cord, I would have had a V8 moment. Duh. What threw me off was the ground lug hole was too far for a standard 3 prong plug. But once I put the standard power cord plug up to the socket, there was the smaller hole closer to the parallel prongs. If that makes sense :thedoubletake:

Here's the pictures in case someone else in the future doesn't quite get it at first :laughtwo:

Carry on! :theband:

0319151101a.jpg

0319151101.jpg

0319151102.jpg

I am happy that you got how to use the Daisy Chain, yes, you just need to plug one light into another one with the cord we provided in the package, then it will work. BTW, please notice that the MAX draw power will not be over 1000w. Safety is the first policy. thank you. Any more help you need, please feel free to email us. :)

Thanks for the follow up SmokeSara. I understand the max draw limit. But what I would like to know, is it OK to daisy chain two different wattages? for example, chain a 300 watt with a 700 watt? Is that ok?

yes, you can Daisy Chain different model mars II series together.:high-five:
Thanks for the follow up SmokeSara. I understand the max draw limit. But what I would like to know, is it OK to daisy chain two different wattages? for example, chain a 300 watt with a 700 watt? Is that ok?

I know its a old tread But i copied this From another tread! Safety first.... Smokesara wrote this =
""""""Before we have daisy chain for Mars II series,but we found that it's not safe to use,so we make Mars II series without dasiy chain now.It will cause too much heat of the power cord,it's not safe.
3pcs Mars II 400 chain together is ok,but 5pcs is too much."""""

Back
Top Bottom