Am I screwed?

wifi

Alright, got a question. Here is what I did, took a step backward and crushed a plant so I harvested about a week and a half early. Hung the girl up for about two days and tossed into jars changing air twice a day for the last three days. RH was very low, 17-25% and 72 degrees from an AC. My wonderful sour diesel plant smells like some kind of grass, Is this because I dried to fast, too low of humidity, or does early harvested mmj always do this or does this strain naturally smell like nothing I would purchase. How bad did I screw up and how do I not do this again. I have grown before but the person that always finished them passed about three months ago. So this was my first attempt at drying and curing and am nervous as I have 19 plants about 2 to 3 weeks from harvest under 5000 watts and another 20 5 weeks away. I cannot have a whole crop smell like this, I want the good marijuana smell, what do I do. I live in Washington State. Please help, I have several thousands of dollars in this and have patients depending on this. The effects are fine but the taste and smell leave a lot to be desired. Like I said, I always took care of veg and growth and then they were transferred to another tender. His always smelled like mmj without fail and usually had a crop ready in two weeks. Stupid me never asked him what he did. I do an all organic grow with weekly showers to rinse any debris and/or bugs off each individual plant, saw a spider mite last year and tried every so called natural spray I could find and this is the only thing that works, I include this so you will know I spend a great deal of time on them and really really can't have this waste.

Re: Am I screwed???

when you chop em hang up side down in dark for 24 hours,trim branches/leaves off leave to dry for at least 5 days til little branches snap rather than bend,then you can jar up to cure

the basement readings are 35% RH and about 60 - 70 degrees, would curing here preserve the taste and smell??? The strains I have going are sour diesel, sensi kush, blueberry kush, bubblegum, papaya, big bang, green crack, and afghan. These were all special order strains and I grew them up from seed. I burped the jar this morning and I still have a grassy smell, the buds still soften up so I know they are not over dry. There is absolutely zero marijuana smell or taste, except if it is burned in a joint, then I get a faint whiff of marijuana.

yeh will def help, make sure you let them dry slowly an naturally(5/7 days!and the twigs/branches snap rather than bend) before you jar em up,or they will go moldy, burp em every 12 hours if poss once in jars to let excess moisture out,the longer you leave them the more chloryphyll you will get rid off,but if you dont flush them before harvest they will be full of chemicals from the nutes!!!,,,,,,,to sum up ,,flush properly,dry slowly then jar up for curing(the longer the cure the smoother/tastier the smoke) hope this helps,,,peace out

I was not able to flush at all, I took a step backward and the damn cat was there the reason I was in there was to water, so the plant did get a nute drink just before chop so not even a small flush, is that the reason for the smell??? I got 3 ounces of this crap. Should I get a humidifies to bring RH up to 55%??? a few hundred bucks more is no big deal.

yeh that will be the prob, rest still flowering smell the part? and the lower the humidity for drying the better m8,nice steady an slow, so save yer money

I called another farmer to come take a look, he laughed and said they were still wet and to quit watching youtube videos about it. I should have let them hang for another day or two. do have good news, he wants any extra meds that I have :) which won't be much, maybe 12 ounces or so... Thank you for the quick reply, it kept me from pulling my hair out

Back
Top Bottom