Ammoniacal N vs Urea N vs Nitrate N; questions

Exzootic

I just started handling a site running two bubbler systems; four gallon sterlite tubs with two net pots for a total of four plants. This runs under a 400W HPS in a 4x4 space presently. The owner brought me in because he was having trouble during flowering. He described to me what seemed to be a N and/or K deficiency but he said that he had been using Jack's Classic (Peter's) All Purpose 20-20-20 and Ionic Bloom. I checked the N content of the Jack's Classic and it contains ammoniacal N and urea N. I've had this happen in water culture before because of ammoniacal N but would like to know if urea N causes leaf edge burns, copper/yellow spotting that progresses up from the older(est) leaves. I am planning on using his stores of Ionic Bloom as it uses Nitrate N mostly with a fraction of 1% of Urea N. Any advice?

It's not really the type of nitrogen you use it's more about the amount. Does he have a ppm meter. It could just be old fashioned nute burn. You don't want to use ammonia or Urea type nitrates is dwc cause it will make your res smell like a dirty fish tank. Remember ammonia and urea are also derived from urine too. FYI

Back
Top Bottom