Another Aussie

61FALCON

G'Day All,
After quite a few years of not growing indoor or outdoor, I am now back in a position to be able to. Its great to have forums like this now with so much shared knowledge. Back when I was growing the net was the old dial-up & very limited info on the web. I have always had a few outdoor plants going, probably since I was 14 many moons ago. My indoor grows where just in the old Growtron. I am looking at piecing together a small indoor tent, only 1x1x2 as I have just enough room in my laundry for the perfect spot. I am in no rush to go out and buy all the bits in one go but to just make some purchases over the next 2 months and start about April hopefully. After a lot of research, I am leaning to the newer tech like LED as I like the idea of the cooler temps and less power usage. I am after suggestions on what size light will best suit my intended grow space. The lights that I have been looking at so far are
HLG 260 Watt XW Quantum Board LED kit V2 , HLG 320 Watt XW Quantum Board LED kit V2 (if GrowersLights ever get back to me with pricing), HGL 260 V2-QB 288 Quantum Board DIY led or HLG 300 V2 Quantum Board LED. I have also been looking at the 550 but I think my space would be too small for it. Which would best suit do you think. I will probably grow a mix of autos & photos.
At the moment I have sprouted a couple of autos for an outdoor grow which I don't know what strain they are as it was a lucky dip pack of 3 beans. I have also sprouted a white widow x big bud auto, a girl scout cookie auto, and a Nordle reg. I am just going to do them outdoors at this stage with some supplement nighttime lighting under a couple of Phillips CFL 24w in a makeshift grow space(eskey). I am thinking that I will put them into 22ltr pots when they are ready. Anyway, that's prob enough for my 1st post here are a couple of pics.
20190115_083502502_iOS.jpg
20190115_083506104_iOS.jpg
20190115_083514180_iOS.jpg
20190115_083629934_iOS.jpg

:welcome: to the forum.

Quantum boards are a good choice. The distributed light means you'll be able to let the plants grow taller. Space is at a premium!
Cheers Old Salt. Would you have an idea which would be the one out of the 5 for me?

I'm thinking th QB 120s. Each board is 11" x 9.5". Two boards would give you light over the entire area. Currently HLG has them on sale - 4 for $119 USD. Each board is capable of 70W which is plenty for your grow area. I'd get them in 4000K for both flowering and veg.

Back
Top Bottom