Anthony Suszko: Tony's First Grow

That Thai you mentioned earlier sounds interesting. It would be a leggy girl it worth the wait probably. Ace has a pretty nice inventory. You must be up to something. No posts here for a few days..lol.

That Thai you mentioned earlier sounds interesting. It would be a leggy girl it worth the wait probably. Ace has a pretty nice inventory. You must be up to something. No posts here for a few days..lol.
Polination went well.. both female plants are snowing up with trichomes and can see seed developing.. so that's exciting.. The male gave up 2 OZ of shake that I ran through an electric grinder.. so I've been smoking that seeing how I like the pronounced indica stone effect and how I function when stoned for a few hours at a time.. I'm enjoying getting stoned in the afternoon and then again in the evening winding down before going to bed.. I figure if the male is this strong, the females will be wicked strong lol.

I was working on the hydro bucket plant this week which was showing signs of stress from transfer to a single bucket.. I tore up some roots and over fed it. New veg flower shoots were showing up Lemon -lime in color as a stress indicator.. so i just went with a strait water flush monitoring new roots it sent out of the bucket.. I'll put her back on 3 grams per gallon MC this week.. Other than that, everything else is running smooth... I'll monitor when to chop down the girls by how dark the seeds get and when they are ready.. Kind of a cool cheat code to have by monitoring the seed development..

8/7/2020 Photo update

One of Big Sexy's long buds..
Finish1.png
One of Honey's quad buds.. These two plants are so different in frame and color I decided to pollinate both specimens..
One is lanky and dark blue green, and one is bushy leaning toward a mossy green.. From the same seed pack yet so different from each other..
QuadBud.png
Big Sexy is lit up with frosty lower buds
Finish2.png
Honey's bud stalks..
Finish3.png
Big Bud Sexy
big bud Sexy.png

Polinatiin station..
polinate.png

-CLONES-

Photo of stress indicator lemon-lime color in new shoots... Having flushed the plant and just running plain water this week, a nice vivid green color is returning back..
stress1.png

After transplant to large single pot, roots are finding their way to water
Roots1.png

Big Sexy clone receiving some LST
LST Sexy.png

Experimental Hydro to soil transplant..
Clone project.png

8/7/2020 Photo update

One of Big Sexy's long buds..
Finish1.png
One of Honey's quad buds.. These two plants are so different in frame and color I decided to pollinate both specimens..
One is lanky and dark blue green, and one is bushy leaning toward a mossy green.. From the same seed pack yet so different from each other..
QuadBud.png
Big Sexy is lit up with frosty lower buds
Finish2.png
Honey's bud stalks..
Finish3.png

-CLONES-

Photo of stress indicator lemon-lime color in new shoots... Having flushed the plant and just running plain water this week, a nice vivid green color is returning back..
stress1.png

After transplant to large single pot, roots are finding their way to water
Roots1.png

Big Sexy clone receiving some LST
LST Sexy.png
You have been busy. Nice update. Things are moving along nicely. :popcorn:

Jim, I just think something along those lines from Asia would be cool and different to grow... I'll start looking in earnest pretty soon for a variety pack that includes some sativa and try to hunt down something Asian. The Hydro to soil experiment worked out well and this is is the size plant I feel comfortable digging a hole for and bed planting on the patio or along the side of the house in May. Anything this size can hold back an insect attack. So still thinking 5 movable plants and 2 permanently dug in, with a garage to 12/12 everything except the 2 ground dwellers which may have to be auto's? or flipped by natural luner clock just letting them do their thing according to what nature tells them to do..

Hydro to Soil experiment
Clone project.png
top view of random sized clones
Top View.png

Update: 8/13/2020

Hey L00K.. It's Frosty The Snowbud..
Frosty1.png

Thick Girl..
Thick Girl.png

Easing into daybreak-sunrise on the patio..
GardenOf.png

Catching some morning rays
HoneyBud.png

Frost warnings are in effect..
Frosty2.png

So plants are looking good, Buds are getting thick, and Trichcomes getting sticky with white frost..
Plants are splitting a gallon of 5GPG MC in the morning and getting an additional drink around 3 PM depending on how hot it is and how dry the pots are getting..

I'm not sure which is nicer, your plants or your backyard, either way well done.
The Garden, thats all a culmination of years of my moms work.. I cant take credit for any of that except building the pergola and a small koi pond for her.. along with mowing and chainsawing shit that gets out of control or falls down in a storm.. What these plants have done for me is enabled me to form a relationship with her being very open and honest..Waking up in the morning used to be something I dreaded and would have slept till noon if you let me.. Since I started this grow, I've embraced waking up at daybreak and soaking it all in over a pot of coffee and chatting about what the plants are doing teaching her stuff I learned or am jazzed about.. She's seen these plants grow from baby seedlings to adults.. When I first started this she said I was going to kill these plants and wouldnt make it past a foot tall.. I think that was supposed to be motivation? lol.. I guess I showed her.. She loves my plants like they were he own children.. Now I just say, hey mom, I want you to check out this Youtube grow or this species and she cant wait to see it and comment on it.. I'm truly blessed and yes this was some kind of therapy for me and helped Build-Fix a once broken mother-Son relationship.. so for that I'm super thankful for all this grow brought me..the people I meet and interact with here.. It's taught me to slow down and do things on the plants time, not creating a self imposed schedual or timeline for things to happen..

I figure the end of August I should be good, playing it by ear and waiting for seeds to show me when the plants are ready to harvest. I'm loving it right now watching these buds fatten up on MC.. Truly Amazing..
I read a lot about that MC. May have to give it a try next year. So is this lady just for seed? Her seed will ripen before the bud is ready to harvest....or am I wrong?

Just a side note: Once I 12/12'ed them I decided to leave as much solar collecting foliage on them as possible because some days are going to be cloudy or overcast and you want every leaf on the plant working to get every bit of usable light to help feed the plant.. For me it just felt like the right way to go.. I'm not apposed to cleaning a plant up, I just chose to do it this way..

I read a lot about that MC. May have to give it a try next year. So is this lady just for seed? Her seed will ripen before the bud is ready to harvest....or am I wrong?
If you are going to check out MC, I strongly recommend you stick with teaspoons tho :rofl:

If you are going to check out MC, I strongly recommend you stick with teaspoons tho :rofl:
Jim, I seriously cant tell you, and may have to watch a youtube tonight to see if I can glean more than cracking a bud open and looking for color.. What i did notice is seeds develop quickly on top while the bottom ones are still imature and need time to develop...
Side note, good luck trying to find a bag while the season is in full swing.. I ended up ordering my bag directly from Greenleaf who only had the large bags in stock.. They also make a 2 part mix now.. I would order before April if you are thinking of trying.

Update: 8/19/2020

Small Tester Buds

The small one picked 3 or 4 days ago, the larger one picked yesterday air drying in a dark closet..
I'm thinking Saturday is a good day to crack these buds open and taste them?

Tester1.png

Update: 8/19/2020

Small Tester Buds

The small one picked 3 or 4 days ago, the larger one picked yesterday air drying in a dark closet..
I'm thinking Saturday is a good day to crack these buds open and taste them?

Tester1.png
I'll bring the beer. We will make a day of it...:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom