Any advice for growing seedlings with 600w HID?

Bumfarto

420 Member
Hey everyone,
I am new here and am almost ready to start my first grow. I live in Virginia but just now getting ready to start my indoor grow. This forum is a great place for sharing and learning and I'm really excited to become more deeply involved.
Does anyone have any advice for me on the topic of sprouting and growing seedlings, using a 600w hid? I guess I just worry about it being too strong.

I am waiting on seeds to be delivered but as soon as they arrive I'm itching to get to work.

I forgot to mention that my first grow will be autoflower strains of green crack and blue dream.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks guys

Compact fluorescent is good for seedlings and can be kept very close to your new babies…… if you stay with the 600 hps then maintain adequate spacing.

when growing indoors it’s not enough to monitor the environment- you must be able to control it….
place hygrometer at seedling height / top of canopy, don’t trust your entire grow or cure to the readings of just 1 hygrometer …. this junk is mass produced in China and known to be inaccurate.

welcome aboard

Hey everyone,
I am new here and am almost ready to start my first grow. I live in Virginia but just now getting ready to start my indoor grow. This forum is a great place for sharing and learning and I'm really excited to become more deeply involved.
Does anyone have any advice for me on the topic of sprouting and growing seedlings, using a 600w hid? I guess I just worry about it being too strong.

I am waiting on seeds to be delivered but as soon as they arrive I'm itching to get to work.

I forgot to mention that my first grow will be autoflower strains of green crack and blue dream.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks guys
Hey @Bumfarto Great name. :laugh: :rofl: Welcome to 420magazine.
As @013 mentioned t5 for babies.
And watch for heat issues.
Have you picked a medium to grow in?
I prefer coco, but we can assist with any grow.
Tag me when you get your grow going I'll follow. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Compact fluorescent is good for seedlings and can be kept very close to your new babies…… if you stay with the 600 hps then maintain adequate spacing.

when growing indoors it’s not enough to monitor the environment- you must be able to control it….
place hygrometer at seedling height / top of canopy, don’t trust your entire grow or cure to the readings of just 1 hygrometer …. this junk is mass produced in China and known to be inaccurate.

welcome aboard

Thanks for the tips. I've got a large temperature and humidity guage, putting additional guages isn't a bad idea.

Hey @Bumfarto Great name. :laugh: :rofl: Welcome to 420magazine.
As @013 mentioned t5 for babies.
And watch for heat issues.
Have you picked a medium to grow in?
I prefer coco, but we can assist with any grow.
Tag me when you get your grow going I'll follow. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill,
I was gonna go with a mixture of coco, soil and perlite but another grower on here advised me differently. What do you recommend on a budget?
When I get started I was gonna do a journal and I will definitely tag you.
Thanks again

Hey Bill,
I was gonna go with a mixture of coco, soil and perlite but another grower on here advised me differently. What do you recommend on a budget?
When I get started I was gonna do a journal and I will definitely tag you.
Thanks again
Economically sneaking 5 gal grow bags a decent garden potting soil ( F.F.)
If you can afford it.
And @GeoFlora Nutrients, inexpensive and excellent quality and service.
I personally grow in coco with air pots.
A little more money but far better results imo.
I explain everything you need to know in my Gorilla Glue clone thread if your interested.
Great stuff in there save you a lot of errors made by starters.

Stay safe
Bill

Economically sneaking 5 gal grow bags a decent garden potting soil ( F.F.)
If you can afford it.
And @GeoFlora Nutrients, inexpensive and excellent quality and service.
I personally grow in coco with air pots.
A little more money but far better results imo.
I explain everything you need to know in my Gorilla Glue clone thread if your interested.
Great stuff in there save you a lot of errors made by starters.

Stay safe
Bill
We're so happy that you're having a great time using our products and even recommending them to other growers. We really appreciate that! Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom