Any alaskans out there?

oldthumber

Hello,
I'm the oldthumber. I was just wondering how many alaskans were out there and hoped that we could help each other with local news as I have been trying to plan for my first grow but the 2 suppliers that I used to know about here in the Matsu valley have had to shut their doors since Lowe's, Home Depot and walmart, have either moved in or expanded thus driving the locals out of business.

I mean no disrespect to the sponsors but we in alaska have a long history of trouble with mail order. We get hit with extra charges for shipping, for us there is no such thing as "next day air" we can pay for next day but it will still take 2-3 days to get here. Many of us don't get mail delivery to our homes and HAVE to have a P.O. box some sponsors don't do P.O. boxes and many mail order company's say they will deliver by UPS, Fedex or DHL but when they see how much it cost to ship to alaska they try to cheap out by sending it USPS only to get it back as 'Undeliverable" I have been ripped off more than a few times by having paid for a product and shipping yet when the the companies get the product back they do not give any refunds.

I do now plan to buy a vaporizer from the vaporstore and use the humatics system for my first grow but there are other supplies that I will need but I would like to also support our local economy in this horrible national economy that the republicans have put us in so they could help the rich rip us off even more than they already do.

So, if there are any alaskans out there that know of any local businesses where I can buy some supplies please speak up. Speak up regardless of where you live in alaska and maybe we can all help each other out. Speak up if you find a doctor that will do the paperwork for the mmj card here. Speak up if you want to start an initiative to amend the law to include dispensaries and have it taxed. Speak up alaska don't just sit and hope someone else will "do something" Speak up, Please!
:yahoo::rollit::thanks:

You might ask Matanuska Valley how he deals with such things.

What sort of supplies are you looking for?

And boy! I can relate to the mail problems! :rofl:
And to send something to anyone in the lower 48 only costs HALF of what it costs them to get it here! :thedoubletake:
Does that seem right to anyone?:hmmmm:
It has to travel the same distance but costs more getting here than it does to return it! :icon_roll: And it enters the state and leaves the state by the same means!
No wonder Alaskans are so innovative and make alot of what we need at home!:yummy:

What sort of supplies are you looking for?

And boy! I can relate to the mail problems! :rofl:
And to send something to anyone in the lower 48 only costs HALF of what it costs them to get it here! :thedoubletake:
Does that seem right to anyone?:hmmmm:
It has to travel the same distance but costs more getting here than it does to return it! :icon_roll: And it enters the state and leaves the state by the same means!
No wonder Alaskans are so innovative and make alot of what we need at home!:yummy:

I bought some awesome lights from Kayla's before they shut down I was wanting to get about five more of each. I will have to wait till PFD time as the one's I bought were almost 30 bucks apiece. I had originally wanted to do LED's but those things are way too expensive! If I were going to sell it would be worth it but I just want some relief so I won't be making the money back. I guess I will need a PH tester. I really don't know what else to get yet other than pots and dirt that I can get at walmart. My wife said I could have a grow if I built her a sauna so I was thinking I could grow in the control room. I have seen some once kits for that at Home Depot. Now I just need to figure out hot to get power to it as I would put it out back where there is no power.

Special kind of flouro or? Sounds like a dirt grow, what kind of nutes will you be using? We tried the Alaska Mor-bloom and it worked great! Cant get it here so always try and find a nursery that may carry it.

As for the power, an extension cord doesnt sound like enough so if you know someone or whomever is wiring the sauna, see if they can wire you an outlet wherever you need it. That way you dont have to tell them what it will be for! :yummy:

Special kind of flouro or? Sounds like a dirt grow, what kind of nutes will you be using? We tried the Alaska Mor-bloom and it worked great! Cant get it here so always try and find a nursery that may carry it.

As for the power, an extension cord doesnt sound like enough so if you know someone or whomever is wiring the sauna, see if they can wire you an outlet wherever you need it. That way you dont have to tell them what it will be for! :yummy:

I was thinking of just using the humate stuff from one of the sponsors. I am still debating with myself on the sauna thing my wife wants in exchange for her approval for my grow. I still can't seem to reconcile how to do the grow room and not take up too much space and it has to be portable so we can take it with us when we finally buy a house and I can do as I damn well please! Yea, I want to do dirt. I used to grow outdoor in texas back during the early 80's; I don't think this is going to be anything near as easy as growing outdoor weed.

So far there are alot more details. Growing outdoors in texas the worse thing that could happen was the local lake "turning over" close to harvest time which would make the weed taste "fishy" and a little rancid. Other than that you had to watch for the males to show and the buds to show. Kill all but 3 of the males and use those males to fertilize a few females (for seeds of course) the rest went up in smoke we never felt like our homegrown was good enough to sell but my friends loved it. I can't believe how much I now pay for weed that isn't even half as good as the stuff I wouldn't sell.

life sure is funny that way.

check out my lil system. I get the nutes and everything from BCNL. They were great, kept me posted on the status of my order, handled everything with great integerty. OK its hydro and yes, a investment, but wow....not to worry about space, smell, portability. They also make fantastic flo bulbs and lil gro tents. Mail order again...but if I can get it here in BF SE AK...I know u can do better than me in the mat-su.
'smiles'
DSCN13141.JPG

Mama luvs u all

Back
Top Bottom