Any good advice on clipping during budding?

dave_the_stoner

i was just wonhdering if anyone had any advice on clipping durring the budding cycle, mainly i just wanted to see if anyone knew about clipping to increase yield, or if theres even any procedures pioneered to do such a thing.

it's whole life i've kept it clipped nice to grow bushy, and it gets over grown with foliage alot, so are you sayin' i shouldnt clip it at all? or is it cool to still keep the water leaves, that grow all over the plant keeping the lower buds from getting light?

Yeah, the only clipping that should be done....

Is the clipping of any dead or yellow leaves. They are useless to the plants, yet still expel energy and water. So get rid of 'em and save the rest of the trimming 'till harvest time!!

but dont the water leaves take up energy and water too, cuz im clipping wile its flowering and its doing greatand producing even more than before i was clipping

oh shit I just dumped my weed! hold on.
okay I'm back.
If your growing in the veg cycle it is best to do all your trimming just before you start 12/12. Next time I want to try just growing the main cola and forgeting the rest but it's not always possible cause your not supposed to lose more than 50% of your leaves.

Teg is right.The last time you trim a plant is on to two week before you flower.This true even with the sea of green(SOG).And when you trim you can cut off no more than 50%(who would wanna cut off half their plant?).Trimming your plant during the flowering period will slow growth or completely stunt it all together.

MuDvAyNe420 said:
dont u get a better yield if u clip off some lower fan leaves?

Absolutely NOT! The fan leaves are what are absorbing most of the light and producing much of the photosynthesis. If you clip those off then you are in essence taking out some of its "solar panels" allowing it to absorb LESS of the light and producing LESS powerful buds.

Do some more forum searching on this and you will see what I'm talking about.

The idea was passed around years ago that clipping 4 weeks into bud. What they clipped was all dying, diseased leaves, and any leaf that did not directly support the bud. IE any leaf not coming out of a bud. Test grows were done but it was confirmed in the end that all they were doing by trimming those leaves off was shocking the plant, and yields went down.

The only clipping done while budding, as a rule of thumb, is 2 weeks in, you can cut your top node in half, this will produce 2 main buds at the top instead of one, but should not be done after 2 weeks time.

Remember these are hints and guidlines. If you say you are getting better yields since you started clipping, then do it, try and perfect a method, and then share with the rest of us. Remember, these are living plants. Each individual plant has their own needs and tolerances it can grow in, so play around, raise the temp, lower it/ Overwater, more nutrients, change the light levels, trim them. Watch the plant, let her tell you what she likes, and devise your won grow system for your and the plants needs.

Back
Top Bottom