Any ideas on this seedling?

Redrocket11

image6465.jpg

This is one of four seedlings. All of the others look fine but this one's cotyledon leaves are turned down but yet the first set of leaves seem to be doing fine. They girls are currently in a humidity dome holding with a humidity level around 65%-70% and temps from 78-81. They are currently under four T-12 florescent lights and are sitting about 4in away from the light. They are in Rockwool that was soaked for apx 28hrs in 6.0 ph (I know that might be a little high) water.

I also have another question, I can see the roots beginning to come through the bottom of the rockwool cubes at only 3 days. When do you think I should move these to their bubble buckets? Thanks for the help!

The isn't any need to have seedlings in a humidity dome you would only need that for cuttings as they have no roots to absorb water and have to do it through the leaves but saying that your humidity is OK any way but still you could try lowering the humidity and see what happens? yeah 6 is a little high 5.5 is optimum, did you soak them with any nutes?

I personally transplant them when I see just a few roots so obviously you will see the tap root come through first then I let just a few more come out just a few mm then I transplant that way the will be very little shock.

It's odd that seedling has gone like that and the rest haven't are they all the same strain? I think it will be just fine any way doesn't seem like you have much to worry about.

Thanks for the reply, two of them are nirvana ice and two are nirvana white widow. This one is a white widow. The dome I have has vents on it and I have been slowly opening them so I'll see if that helps. Thanks again for the help

I think the seed was grown in great conditions and had a excess of food for its self. You got a strong baby and its roots need a place to go.

This is my first grow so that's why I was/am a touch nervous. I have a 4x4 grow tent and I'm going to move them to 4 bubbler buckets here in the next few days. I have a 1000 watt MH system for veg and a 1000 watt HPS for flower. I'm running one 6in exhaust fan with a carbon filter. How soon would you switch from the fluorescents to the MH?

Thanks stoner I'm going to move them here in the next few days. Can't wait to see them take off! Lol

you can switch as soon as you transplant. if you put a young plant under a high power light you have to keep an eye on it if it starts to wilt you have to raise the light asap or the plant will die. other than that the plants grow faster with more light.

Back
Top Bottom