Any ideas why these plants are so different at the same stage?

Thcotwo

So I made it through vege and a month into flower of my first grow cycle ever, I am noticing a huge difference in the plants, while I know strains vary I am curious why one plant has oodles of trichromes while the other seems to have none. Both were switched to 12-12 the same time. I'm worried that my ignorance in the beginning of vege could be the reason. The less impressive plant had about two weeks of drought like conditions in vege where I watered them but I was ignorant to soil content and humidity... They were lighter green and really kind of stopped upward growth for the time. I am thinking they stayed in vege too long? Any thoughts are appreciated.

image3801.jpg
image3798.jpg
image3800.jpg

image3799.jpg

1st on looks like 2nd week of flowering to me, while the other like 4th-5th. Humodity doesn't have anything to do with it or soil composition. Weed reacts by flowering to photoperiod switch only! Some will start to flower after 2 weeks and the other ones after 5 depending on sativa/indica genes ratio. What strains are they?

The first one I got from Green house seeds and its 100% sativa, the second plant honestly is a seed I found in a bag of raspberry cough, they claim its 70-30 sativa dominant. Do you think the stunted growth in vege could have sent a weird signal for flower? Both plants are at 5 weeks right now but the difference is so significant... I know greenhouse says they have a longer flower cycle than most plants, but I'm just worried that they won't start producing trichromes like the second. Worst case I can make RSO with it all, but I'd really like to not have wasted 3 months for some RSO lol. I keep going back to vege because the cough was not stunted and the haze was.. I just can't stop stressing about what I can do. I bought some crystal growth formula for their last 2 weeks of flower before the wash, however if they are screwed up metabolically I'm not sure that will work... Is there any down side to having a plant stay in vege for say an extra two weeks? Would that effect the flowering cycle? I apologize for the short story, just really new to this. Thanks again for your time.

Calm down and toke, man :tokin:
AS I SAID, your sativa won't speed up, cause it's a sativa and these plants go into bloom later after switching to 12/12 and they flower longer: 12-16 weeks to be exact :)
You cannot do anything, but wait and giving it flowering nutes!

Here is the short of it, a Sativa will take longer, it is probably the one that looks like it has no crystals. It will come. The 70-30 sativa dominant plant is still 30% indica, it will be done before the other by possibly 4-6 weeks. That means one plant will be looking a lot closer to done than the other, because it is. You can leave you plants in veg as long as you want, it should not hurt them. No it will not effect the flowering cycle.

Thank you both for your input, my first time growing and my knowledge is literally just through experience and at local plant stores. I've had a few issues with the strain in question, just making sure I'm on track. It's a huge weight off my shoulders knowing I'm not messing up too bad lol

I have a guide for the ssh, but the cough I know little to nothing about its cycles. Is there a tell tale sign as to know when a plant has reached it's full flower potential? Because Witt the cough being as crazy as it is, I'm not sure when I would crop it.

Bottom line is you have 2 very different strains that will mature differently under duplicate conditions. Looks delicious, time to post some pictures of your magnified trichomes! I took this pic with USB microscope that arrived in 3 days for a total of 20 bucks! well worth it.
0072510.jpg

Back
Top Bottom