Any other Aussies here?

I lived In port Douglas for a year, 2000... Never grew up there but I think you'll be right from mould with a big sativa... It's humid raining and hot basically your whole veg, then still so as you start flowering. But just as she starts to pack on weight the rain will stop. Your last 10weeks, with a late finishing sativa, will be dry hot clear days. The hardest will be getting them through those monsoon rains and cyclone winds.. Crack seeds around September, starts flowering around mid January maybe up there early feb, finish May- June....

I'm Thinking of moving to Cheltenham Mentone area. Just got to get this house on the market...

In regard to growing conditions outside in Vic, I've all but given up and built a custom indoor area, so much more controllable and no pests, in my opinion, definitely the most economical way to go.

Hey guys. Just found this forum.. Been on 420 a while but didn't know they had an aussie section. Sweet! I'm in SEQ....
Got a couple of questions....
First: In an upcoming grow room, I wanna run 4 pc fans, connected to a pc 4 channel fan speed controller, connected to one pc power supply, plugged into wall...
Am I missing something? Any reason why this won't work? Or is there some modification to the molex plugs or whatever to make this work without motherboard...
Wanna cut down on wall plugs, fan noise and fire risk(by not using phone chargers etc).
Or do you guys have any ideas for quiet extraction?? Will post this elsewhere also as I can't find anything anywhere..
Second: The usual...where is everyone getting seeds? I had 2 successful orders from Bonza, using "buddy" service but it's a bit pricey; still worth it, but if there is a cheaper "guaranteed" option, I'd like to know!
Third: Anyone use a greenhouse/shadehouse in Queensland? Gonna try it this year, was wondering about strains etc?
Cheers in advance.

Hey santb as long as your power pack is rated to run the 4pc fans I can't see why your idea wouldn't work at all.I run a can fan which is pretty loud,but have it in a separate room venting out side so it's pretty much silent until you open the door.For seeds I have only used bonza,the seed price isn't that expensive but like you I do buddy which does add up but havnt lost an order and beats paying 4-500 a zip:)
I really want to build a green house as well so have started a hobby garden in the back yard so as time goes on the frame work will go up and no suspission will come from the people who live all around and hopefully happy out door growing can start to happen.Cheers

Hey santb as long as your power pack is rated to run the 4pc fans I can't see why your idea wouldn't work at all.I run a can fan which is pretty loud,but have it in a separate room venting out side so it's pretty much silent until you open the door.For seeds I have only used bonza,the seed price isn't that expensive but like you I do buddy which does add up but havnt lost an order and beats paying 4-500 a zip:)
I really want to build a green house as well so have started a hobby garden in the back yard so as time goes on the frame work will go up and no suspission will come from the people who live all around and hopefully happy out door growing can start to happen.Cheers

Cheers for reply... Yeah I'm no electronics expert but everything plugged in properly surely would work... Read something about needing a motherboard OR bridging the power circuit in the PSU connector; but that was just for running fans straight off the PSU. I'm hoping the fan speed controller will remove that issue(??)
Bonza's good with that buddy service :cheesygrinsmiley: I wonder how long til Auspost/customs figure it out! And yeah; I can get an oz of filth for under $400 so even with buddy post, 8-10 seeds for $120-odd is good value. Only need an oz per plant to make it worth it. Still hear about Herbies and Attitude; was wondering if anyone used them... I tried Herbies once but they never made it. Got a refund tho', so that was cool of them.
I recently moved to a full 1/4 acre block so going the full veggie garden (been wanting to for years); greenhouse for lettuce and seedlings and orchids and such; exposed raised beds for other veges and flowers.. Gonna hide a couple bigger MJ plants in greenhouse. Gonna do one flux style-check out Light Addict here on 420 if you haven't already..

I love light addict, he seems like a top dude. But man that word, "fluxing" it's like nails on a blackboard to me, idk why... Mainlining... What it's always been... Just like tipping. Been tipping plants for 20 years. Now I'm told it's backbuilding, lol....

Just finished today, ready to plant something..
image28945.jpg

I love light addict, he seems like a top dude. But man that word, "fluxing" it's like nails on a blackboard to me, idk why... Mainlining... What it's always been... Just like tipping. Been tipping plants for 20 years. Now I'm told it's backbuilding, lol....

Yeah he is the man... I think his thing with "flux" is to get away from potentially negative associations the phrase mainline has with hard drugs..
Actually clever too cos the energy of the plant flowing out, focused to the ends/buds kinda like an electrical Jacobs Ladder (just heard that last night on Mythbusters!!!)... And I always thought tipping was topping until you said it just now!
Just tried the "backbuilding" on an almost-finished-but-not-quite autoflower this week; haven't noticed a big difference but might have waited too long. The thing is a 6 week strain that's almost at 12 (00 Bubblegum auto)! But it is an unofficial first grow to try some stuff, plus I'm fascinated by autos.. Got a couple auto seeds left but they'll have to wait for summer. Even up here they don't like the cold...
Got some Barneys LSD and Liberty Haze which I'm DYING to get going, but gotta build a room first...

I know how they trying to get away from hard drug terminology, but that's the thing, mainlining isn't, it was hi-jacked by the shooting community, like all slang words start.. But if that's your conscious meaning of the word mainlining, then how do you put a needle and a plant together? But the wider community? My mum don't associate the word mainlining with shooting up, get where I'm coming from? Only ones that do, aren't trying to grow heroin or jack up buds, lol...

Just finished today, ready to plant something..
image28945.jpg

Wow Awesome. Nice lookin dirt!
I've been composting for a year now; reading up on organics, getting into teas etc. and am just saving up for some earth-works to level out my yard a bit and prep for concrete/carport out front. Need to sort out drainage in my back yard at the same time with the fill from the front, remove some trees and I hope to be where your at by late spring at the latest... Getting exited about actually!

5-6 years of lawn clipping and compost, turned regularly with my 3 year old...

I know how they trying to get away from hard drug terminology, but that's the thing, mainlining isn't, it was hi-jacked by the shooting community, like all slang words start.. But if that's your conscious meaning of the word mainlining, then how do you put a needle and a plant together? But the wider community? My mum don't associate the word mainlining with shooting up, get where I'm coming from? Only ones that do, aren't trying to grow heroin or jack up buds, lol...

I actually agree with you on that one...
I used to have a couple of pinner mates in the past who never said mainlining. They always said shoot. I never heard mainlining in relation to MJ before a few years ago, I have to admit, but it DID have heroin-associations for me..
Only from movies etc.. I'm a 44 year-old son of an ex-cop so I grew up watching Serpico and French Connection, Taxi Driver etc... Good old gritty 70's hard-case movies!
I think it's more an American thing... Most people here, unless their into drugs, would never automatically get HARD DRUGS form MAINLINING...

Back
Top Bottom