any pros, cons to 24hr. or 18-6

datrippp

Hey everyone, Just curious if ther is any advantages to running the lights for 24 hours over 18-6.. Anyone know of any differances? Im running my 2nd try at this, my first was destroyed by my damn cats before they reached veg state. my new babies are doing good, I have 3 that are looking good at about 7-8 inches and nice wide leaves, and 4 babies I just took outta the dome and put in party cups to get to the veg state. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I prefer 18/6, but that's just me. Many prefer 24/7.

DD

I do 18/6.....gives the plants a rest. Ive done 24 hrs and didnt see any additional growth, in fact the 24 hr plants were slightly smaller

I do 18/6.....gives the plants a rest. Ive done 24 hrs and didnt see any additional growth, in fact the 24 hr plants were slightly smaller

Bing! Pit hit it right on the head. Growing 24/0 or 20/4 results in shorter plants that are slightly bushier. Going 24/0 or 20/4 is good for someone in a small cab who is trying to control stretch due to space limitations. However 24/0 and 20/4 do tend to burn your bulbs out quicker especially if you're using HID systems.
Choice is ultimately yours, but from my experience my plants also like the 18/6 better.

Back
Top Bottom