Anybody have pics of a cfl intense grow?

Re: Anybody have pic's of cfl intense grow ?

Check the current journals. A little bit of everything there. Pretty good reading, a lot of them give out there secrets minus one or two ingredients. Major ingredients.

sorry to but in on your post but i cant post as a new member i think.
I need help with cfls!
I have a room 1.4m x 1.4m x 2m (h) and have 10 young autos @ 1 week old. Do i have enough light?
i have 2x 300w red cfl, 1x 250w blue and 1x 125w blue cfl with only 3 reflectors? I plan on vegging with the 2 blues only then bringing in a red 300w then swapping the blue 125w for a red 300w. so i end the grow using 2x 300w reds and 1 250w blue? is this ok?

I'm in the same ship !! For me , This is the place I have been looking for !!! So many people that are good company !!! I am a lifer !!!! to this world !!!

Why would you want to use CFLs for the entire cycle? I use them fro veg along with some T5s and during flower I use them to complement the HPS. But I doubt anyone would recommend going from start to finish with only CFLs.
You're going to produce a lot more heat and the results are going to be far less good than with the proper lightning.

You're good for veg with the CFLs but for flower you need to get a 600/1000 HPS for that room.

Why would you want to use CFLs for the entire cycle? I use them fro veg along with some T5s and during flower I use them to complement the HPS. But I doubt anyone would recommend going from start to finish with only CFLs.
You're going to produce a lot more heat and the results are going to be far less good than with the proper lightning.

You're good for veg with the CFLs but for flower you need to get a 600/1000 HPS for that room.

Sorry rodrigo but this is misinformation cfl run alot cooler than hps so theres no heat issue the plants can be even closer too the light also cfl may not be as good due to lack of penetration but they still work aslong as you use blue for veg and red for 12/12 flower but cfls are a proper kind of lighting and you may not recommend them personally others may each persons individual grow spaces are more set for different kind of lighting but yes led is best lighting then hps these lightings will give highest yield of tighter buds but high yields are still possible with a cfl :bong:

I ran 600 watts of CFL at 36 degrees C, and now run 600w HPS at 24 degrees C

CFL heat is spread over a greater surface area, thus giving the illusion that they are cooler, but if all their heat was concentrated in a tight space, like, say, an HPS bulb, then the heat would feel more intense.

600watts is 600watts, and will produce similar heat, regardless of the lighting source.

CFLs do run cooler than an HPS, but since you need several of them (instead of one HPS) to make it worth it, the heat goes up quite a bit, and I'm speaking from experience.
It's like TheEngineer says. surface area.

And LED is not the best lighning, the technology is not quite there yet.

You CAN get high yields with CFLs but it's not going to be near what you can get using proper lightning.

Anyway, I hope you do good with your setup.

Good luck and happy growing!

my last 8 grows were with CFL,s from start to finish(total of 10) 2 plants at a time. with an exhaust fan my temps have never been more than 78degrees and my yields have been pretty good. that being said I am no expert by any means on indoor growing since I've always grown outside, but after a lot of reading and research on here my cheap and easy setup has kept me happy so far. I would prefer a better lighting setup , but for now that's not an option.

Back
Top Bottom