Anyone attempting to get grow licence?

Yes they absolutely have to respond to each claim! I really want to see one go to court but generally it speeds up your process!

It costs us $2 and if it went further would cost Hell Canada way more!

So has anyone or is anyone attempting to get their grow licence right now?

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how long it would take. I applied over a month ago and
have no idea where its at. Called health Canada and all they could tell me was they have no idea how long it would take :/

any help or information would be appreciated.
3 months 21 days and a few hours lol. Thats how long mune took. Is your there yet?

Not shitting on you pal, just pointing out that that article is from 2014. There is nothing currently on the books from Health Canada about repealing ACMPR or releasing private information to the RCMP. In the ACMPR application it states that information could be released to the RCMP to assist in an ongoing criminal investigation.
Not to mention that in order to get your acmpr in the first place, you have to have a criminal background check done. They are checking for any drug related charges over the past 10 years ONLY! Who cares what gets passed on to the RCMP, if you've already done your application..... They know you're going to be growing weed. They're the ones that approved your are criminal background check after all.

They say 9 weeks i got a week and a half left. Waiting for it to come in.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Yours come in yet?

I am also interested in obtaining a certificate to grow through ACMPR. I have a Bodystream clinic in my area, they advertise that there is no fees, everything is billed to OHIP.

My question is, does bodystream provide you with the medical documentation that is required in the ACMPR application process? I have emailed them and their response is that they want me to provide healthcard number to start the process.
Nine times out of 10 you are doctor will not prescribe you so that you can grow your own. They will provide you with a referral to a doctor that will allow you to get medicinal marijuana as a treatment, but that's as far as they are willing to take it because there are so many unknowns about dosing etcetera. If anybody out there is looking for a clinic that does help you obtain your grow permit, respond here and I can provide you with the information. Also, if anybody is looking for clones, I'll have a pile that I would be willing to let go.

Not to mention that in order to get your acmpr in the first place, you have to have a criminal background check done. They are checking for any drug related charges over the past 10 years ONLY! Who cares what gets passed on to the RCMP, if you've already done your application..... They know you're going to be growing weed. They're the ones that approved your are criminal background check after all.

This is misleading in that any one can grow their own they just can not be a Designated Grower if they have convictions in the last 10 years. I know people with their ACMPR that have been busted for minor cannabis charges in the last 3 years but still approved to grow.

If you have a Natural Health Services near you they will gladly submit your grow papers once you have the prescription. It will cost you all of $20 for them to mail it off to HC.

My wife just did her 4th renewal with an increase yesterday, papers pre-filled out hand them $20 and wait 4ish weeks for renewal!

This is misleading in that any one can grow their own they just can not be a Designated Grower if they have convictions in the last 10 years. I know people with their ACMPR that have been busted for minor cannabis charges in the last 3 years but still approved to grow.
Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the updated info!

If you have a Natural Health Services near you they will gladly submit your grow papers once you have the prescription. It will cost you all of $20 for them to mail it off to HC.

My wife just did her 4th renewal with an increase yesterday, papers pre-filled out hand them $20 and wait 4ish weeks for renewal!

Yup, did mine there a few months ago. Wasn't in there 10 minutes. 4-5 weeks later and boom. HC once told me on the phone that renewals took precedence over new applications.

Haven't placed an order with an LP in well over 1.5 years and never will again! Two of the three orders actually turned out to be 100% poisonous! Non-LP Ghost Train Haze!

Get your grow certificates, at the end of the day if we get lucky we will maybe be grand fathered like the MMAR guys! /wish

Natural Health Services is now able to process ACMPR applications and renewals at their Medicine Hat, Alberta clinic (Education Centre). The fee is $20.00 Can. Previously, only the Calgary clinic could process and send these on your behalf.

Natural Health Services is now able to process ACMPR applications and renewals at their Medicine Hat, Alberta clinic (Education Centre). The fee is $20.00 Can. Previously, only the Calgary clinic could process and send these on your behalf.

Small world! I gave them my renewal on Mar 6 and got it back on mar 29! Super fast!

NHS made it very easy and once you get a copy of the form done right all you have to do is change the date yearly. i'm hoping my renewal gets back to me quickly. I waited so long for my first registration that I grew and finished an entire crop before the papers ever arrived.

I also had a full crop under my belt waiting for my papers... I felt vindicated since they were going to backdate the approval anyhow (to the original script date) but when it got here, it was part of the new batch, dated to the day they approved it, so I win in the end!

My wife and I got our papers about 2 weeks apart, hers were dated based on the script date, mine was not, so right at the time they made the change...

I put a sign up in my growing room, right as you go in the door... it says "Health Canada Medical Marijuana Cultivation Licence Available Upon Request". Just in case I'm raided while not home, or the apartment maintenance staff has to come in for an emergency while we're out... The last thing I want to come home to is an empty room... Probably pointless, but it feels good to see it there every time I enter :) I'm 58, and NEVER thought I'd be growing legally... lol

Just an update on my current claim

They received all my documents in the mail in January and I filed a claim in February

I called 2 times each month and was told its in processing and could be up to 30 weeks

Called today and the lady was very surprised to tell me that my application is approved and the certificate will be arriving this week. Looks like I will get almost a full year out of my license!

Thanks for the info and for anyone not wanting to wait, I recommend you pay the $2 and get this done. Its quick!

Total time waiting will be almost 3 months total, but took 2 months once I filed my claim

Received my license last week. Looks like I never lost any time for growing. Was issued on April 5th, received on April 12th and expires on April 5th 2019....all is good :)

Back
Top Bottom