Anyone attempting to get grow licence?

I think some are missing the point. The link for this is on the previous page and its all layed out by a lawyer with instructions already. Even the wording is there for the statement. No lawyer needed.
Thanks for that info. I'm gonna go ahead and do this today to see if it helps. Was just worried I had to go to court and fight health Canada. Not something I want to do. Thanks again I will let ya know how it goes.

Well...I visited the site, filled out the form and all sent, called the Federal Court and paid my $2.00 now to see if this helps any.

On the page it says that "Lead Plaintiff Jeff Harris will be filing all arguments for you" but nowhere did I enter his info anywhere, I am guessing this gets sent to him automatically from the Federal Court?

This process just might be what is needed. I thank you for helping in the matter and giving myself and others on here a option to get quicker results. If you were here I would smoke you up a nice fattie!

Thanks again!

Hi All,

We sent ours to Health Canada in late January. I got my application back on February 9th. The Doctor dated it wrong when he signed. It is in the process of being resubmitted this week. We are using a clinic.

My wife's application was not returned, so we are thinking it's smooth sailing for her.

Hello Pandora420, we are in the Hammer too! In the very west end. Welcome. :welcome:

Peace. :peace:

Hi Hybrid1
It took us close to 8 months to get our license. I do think they are moving faster now. Our license was approved around August 2017. I believe we sent in the paperwork in January. Ours was delayed a bit as my birthdate was wrong. Where are you from? I am in Hamilton ON.
Good luck,
Puff puff pass.

Claim is filed, and paid, and I just got notice saying that its filed with the Federal Court and has been served on the Attorney General of Canada

That was fast, now hopefully the registration process goes a lot faster...will update when I hear something

Ive decided to hold off for now. Rec laws will give me enough flexibility for my needs.

I don't want to be on a federal database for approved growers, until I understand how much enforcement of 'only legal source of grow materials is LPs' they are going to do. I have every confidence they could be stupid about it.

Here in Ontario they are setting up a monopoly for supply, distribution, and sales.

Good Morning OldBear,

My outlook is much like yours, I don't trust them either.

But with in-laws just a few doors down, being legal is more important at this time. In case it ever comes up, being able to say to the in-laws the grow is legal is very important.

I also think that going forward we might stagger our renewals. Since we both have prescriptions, staggering the renewal dates would mean we would always be legal given that each household will be allowed 4 plants in addition to prescription after July 1st.

Peace. :peace:

My wifes registration came today (Mar 5), sent Oct 16, Effective Feb 20... Mine was sent at the same time, so hopefully I'll get it this week.

I just called Health Canada today to ask about the status of my license application, conveniently, their system is totally down/offline and they could not tell me anything but to call back tomorrow.

I asked them if they could tell me how long applications in general are taking, I received a very curt reply stating that they no longer give times for processing, it will take as long as it takes.

My application has been in their hands since last September.

So, I called back today, like they told me to do yesterday, and guess what, I got the same recording stating that they are offline for "scheduled maintenance", and to call back "tomorrow".
LOL

I don't trust them either but once up and running it is great! Just waiting for the neighbors to complain about the smell but nothing they or the cops can do!

Bluenoser as far as I can tell it's still 5-6 months for the initial registration fulfillment. Mine was 5.5 months.

I'm just starting the renewal process and hope I haven't left it too late. My registration is up at the end of May. People are reporting renewals are being turned around quickly.

I actually got a real person on the phone at HC today, I had a 16 minute wait. She was super pleasant to talk to, but could tell me nothing.
She told me that they at least received it, and it is in the queue, and that there were no "mistakes" on the form, but told me to check in with them every 2 weeks.
Ugh....

So huge changes at HC! They will no longer be back dating the certificate. You basically get a year (or what ever your Dr signed for) minus a few days it takes in the mail!

Mine came in the mail today, almost 5 months to the day.... the expiry date is Mar 7, 2019 which is great news...

100% legal now! Woo Hoo!

I've actually already had a harvest... There was no way I could afford 4g a day from an LP, we're on disability, so we didn't have a choice. I've used pot to get off some nasty pharmaceuticals including opioids, so had to make sure I had enough... My wife has a 2g per day script, so we can grow up to 30 plants. My first grow was with bag seed, and that didn't turn out, at 6 weeks I had to chop em because of all the seeds, all the females were hermies... That was just to get everything figured out, and ensure I had everything I needed...
My next grow was from seeds purchased at the local grow shop. CB Dream from Crop King Seeds, and Green Crack from Native Seed Company. Both were fem, so I just keep a mother of each, and take clones for each grow. The first harvest of this was almost all CB Dream, and one Green Crack. Now have a perpetual harvest going, 3 plants every 2 weeks... should be enough to let me get ahead.... Now that I have my "papers" I'll do one big grow with the full count of plants so that I can close up over the summer when it will be too hot....
I have a separate veg chamber, so always have something ready for flower....

When i spoke to the lady on the phone at HC, I asked her about filing a statement of claim, and she told me it would not make any difference in the time it takes to process the application, in fact, she told me it might delay it further.
::

I'm not sure of the process, but maybe they just don't want any more people doing that.... I believe they have to respond to each one?

Back
Top Bottom