Anyone ever used this product?

Hayron1088

I’m not trying to sell this product by any means. My wife uses it in her garden for pest control but she hasn’t used it long enough for me to make an educated determination. Has anyone else used this? Do you think it’s safe for my garden? If it helps I’m using clackamas coots soil recipe with B-A-S craft blend and a few other organic goodies. She has over 200 plants indoors so gnats and flies are always a problem! Would love to hear some feedback!
If the moderator deletes this, please tell me how to properly post this question so I can educate myself and others not only on product questions here but also guidelines on the forum!
133FFF3A-70DD-47E5-8B45-FAC697DA9E6A.jpeg

1EA7D05B-2F94-40D7-B105-08AE8CE9ABF4.jpeg

Wow I hate when my wife is right….:rip: I’ve turned her into the Crazy Plant Lady and she has taken over my library. Ok so honest question, several “bits” have made it on top of my soil, living soil. I hope it won’t effect anything. Thanks for helping me out yet again everyone. You are my google when in need of answers lol.

Yep, its just BTI so safe for your soil.
I personally prefer Gnatrol crystals as it seems to be more active.
Your best bet however if you are using a good living soil is to just add predator mites and rove beetles in the soil, you will never have a gnat problem.
Funny you say that! I just placed an order for rove beetles!!

Make sure your pot is hospitable for them.
Need large pot, thick mulch, and keep it moist. They'll last for years.
Im using 7 gal now but about to use 15 gal living soil pots on my next cycle. I already have the soils mixed and ready to go! I know one thing, I’ll be shopping around for another seed bank… the seeds I’ve been using for the past couple years from this company have a very low germination rate…. I ordered 5 northern lights auto seeds and only one germinated. Also the skunk #1…only 1 out of 5…

they are pricey if you purchase from grow shop but cheap ar Tractor Supply
I keep a bottle of the 'Bits' on hand and found the price competitive across different grow shops. OK, somewhat competitive since some of the smaller shops only carry the Dunks.

Found the 'Bits' to be easier to use as compared to the 'Dunks'. I put under a teaspoon in the bulk soil buckets, about 12-15 gallons of soil. Just sprinkle it on and when I add water to that soil to keep it moist the Bti gets watered in. If it is going to be placed in pots that already have plants I will sprinkle a pinch over the surface for pots under 2 gallons and a big pinch for larger containers.

Fall is coming so that Fungus Gnats are going to be burrowing into outside soil to hibernate until the spring warm-up. Got a couple of 10 gallon buckets of soil that are ready to come inside so I guess I should be ready to inoculate those as a preventative.

Saponins is why my friend. Saponins also protect you from some molds and fungus. It also acts as a very good wetting agent which is great for when the top layer of soil drowns out. Salicylic acid is another found within aloe vera that triggers a response in plants called systemic acquired resistance (SAR).

All I do is grow roughly six or seven aloe plants, cut one big piece(about 8-12in) and slice it long ways the best I can and scrape the “gel” into my water and stir it up. I have an aerator for my water so the soap like quality becomes apparent within seconds. Aloe also has some micro nutrients that you can mix as a foliar spray for immediate uptake. I’m not a foliar guy but it’s an option if you are lacking micros or your plants are showing you that they are. With the rest of the plant, I add all the rest of the green portion of the plant to my vermicompost. Hope this helps and is a fairly cheap and organic way to take care of your plants and compost :nerd-with-glasses:

Back
Top Bottom