Apartment tokers

Man, I miss smoking in my old appartment! Mine was on the third floor. The complex had a few families, so I usially smoked late at night.

Wow, thanks for the info. I's uestion the legality of a landlord siply enetering your premises without warning. It may be their property, but you pay to rent a space, and it would seemt o me that privacey laws and what not would come into play. For example, if theres a male landlord, and your a female tenant, whats to stop him fronm entering your room everytime he hears your shower turn on so he can sneakl a peak at your naked body? THere has to be SOME sort of restriction.
Serious, anyone came through my girlfriends door unanounced and uninvited, im going to assume whoever it is is hostile, and will go itno attack mode. Im half blind, but deadly quick ;-) I'm going to ask my father what kind of tenant laws there are, if a landlord can just waltz into your living area unannounced. THANKS FOR THE INFO PEOPLE :)
-PM

No lanlord can just come into your apt unannounced. Unless there is an emergency then they will knock on the door if no answer they can come in to take care of the emergency (flood, fire, etc)

KWT4legalizing said:
No lanlord can just come into your apt unannounced. Unless there is an emergency then they will knock on the door if no answer they can come in to take care of the emergency (flood, fire, etc)
Correct.

PM ---- I already stated earlier, that they must give you 24 hr written notice

And if you live in a big complex owned by a company then pay attention to the flyers the pass out every month...They have pest control schedules (this acts as the written notice and no other notice is needed) . So dont forget the dates of pest control if you have it.

You can request at the office that no pest control be done because of allergies but they may need proof.

My GF and I left our plant growing out on the balcony, and when people would come to work on her apartment, shed put it in the bathropom. But a fwe times she forgot to move it, and a few times people acme to work on stuff in there without her even being there...the plant was never disturbed, and no one said shit :)
-PM

Alex420 said:
legally i believe all landlords can at all times possess a spare key to their apartments as long as the apartments are on their property, and can warrant searches at any time if they believe there to be drugs or anything illegal going on. remember this is not your properties, it's the landlord's -- you are only paying money to live there. all the more reason to encourage buying, not renting.
You are also paying for privacy so unless it is an emergency (I don't think they can intercede legally even if it sounds like some guy is killing his g-friend) they HAVE to give you a 24 hour notice. They have no right to just go in as they please. Otherwise they could be in and out of your place eatin' your food and brushin' their dingleberries with your toothbrush.

Anyhoo when I lived in an apt. we just did the towel under the door to the hallway, cracked the balcony a snatch and went through lots o' air freshener. But at least half the time we'd also hotbox the bathroom... never any problems... w/ ganja anyway.

if the landlord had suspicion of illegal activites going on they would just contact the police.

KWT4legalizing said:
if the landlord had suspicion of illegal activites going on they would just contact the police.
'xactly.

Well, they can call the cops on me all they want, I am legaly allowed to smoke ganja anywhere smoking is legaly allowed...SO CRAM THAT IN YOUR CRAM HOLE LANDLORDS!!!!
-PM

Unfortunately :-( But if that ever happens, and the cops do come to my GF's door, I've already instructed her to get the video camera ready to film the piggys face as I stand therem puffing away on my joint, him unable to do SHIT. That will be a beautiful day my friends, and ill be sure to put the footage on display here :-D
-PM

Oceangirl said:
You are also paying for privacy so unless it is an emergency (I don't think they can intercede legally even if it sounds like some guy is killing his g-friend) they HAVE to give you a 24 hour notice. They have no right to just go in as they please. Otherwise they could be in and out of your place eatin' your food and brushin' their dingleberries with your toothbrush.

Guy's please take note when I said '...can warrant searches at any time if they believe there to be drugs or anything illegal going on...'

This means they can WARRANT searches, as in GIVE POLICE PERMISSION. If a landlord gives a policeman permission to enter the landlord's residence, a '24 hour notice' is most _certainly_ not necessary... dont just go off thinking you can do what the fuck you want and get 24 hours warning to clean out before anything bad happens. Sorry, life just doesnt work that way.

No one has complained in my apartment complex. Maybe they can't smell it... although I would assume that would be hard to avoid. I assume they just don't care. It's Austin, and the two neighbors I know about: next to us are students (duh, they don't care), and below us are non-English speaking people who, from the dialect, appear to be from Jamaica... so I doubt they care. They are actually really cool. I say hi to them and shit and they wave. The females are a little shy for some reason, but whatever.

i live in some boring ass aprtments but i never get complaints. i have even smoked on my patio and no one has said something. some girls did come knocking on my door once asking if i had any i could sell to them. i had no idea who they were or how they knew i smoked. I guess they smelled it once and came over.

yeah, I get caught sometimes. But I live in what is called a 'flop-house'. It's basically local appartments just for the university students who don't want a dorm or didn't get one. So drugs and alcohol are regulars around the appartment. mostly the super ignores it as long as we don't trash the rooms and pay rent on time. But once a week the landlord drops buy and we make sure to keep it on the down-low then. I got a warning once when we got a new super last year, but she soon realized that we don't listen.

Alex420 said:
Guy's please take note when I said '...can warrant searches at any time if they believe there to be drugs or anything illegal going on...'

This means they can WARRANT searches, as in GIVE POLICE PERMISSION. If a landlord gives a policeman permission to enter the landlord's residence, a '24 hour notice' is most _certainly_ not necessary... dont just go off thinking you can do what the fuck you want and get 24 hours warning to clean out before anything bad happens. Sorry, life just doesnt work that way.

I had said landlord had no right; look lower and you'll see I agreed about police intervention.

Must.... read.... all.... words

Damn just got so used to livin without my parents that I just stopped caring bout that (and anyway here it's not illegal to smoke in the comfort of ur own home, since it's private). But I notice, everytime I step out of my room that it smeels like a giant ashtray (when it doens't it just smells like burnt hash).

Back
Top Bottom