Apparently this auto strain grows much more slowly under 18/6 than 12/12

Agen36

Lemon auto, the only strain I had an issue with on my first grow is an issue on my 2nd grow.

I noticed that a couple of hours before lights out the leaves all turn downwards and don't turn up until several hours after lights on.

The seed bank website recommends 12/12 for optimal performance (which I've ignored both times) and I've used 18/6 with my other ladies who flourish.

Is this plant trying to tell me something? Is it simply trying to turn off?

This should be a solid 60 day plant seed to harvest but it just started flowering after 50 days and will probably be harvested at 80 days.
Here's a pic:
IMG_3238.JPG

What did you figure out on this

Never did, other than to suppose the strain needs 12/12 to complete in 60 days.

Ended up with about 22 grams dry, fluffy not too dense buds, just an ok buzz.

I've heard good things about Lemon Auto but it's the second time for me and both times a relative disappointment.

I looked around the web and I see everyone suggestion 18/6 on Autos although some try 12/12 they seem to gravitate back to 18/6.. I'm growing my 1st Auto, Nordike 80%Sativa. 18% THC. I hope the High is better than you describe with the Lemon. Maybe a pro will get this and shine some light on the issue.

I just re-visited the lemon auto after several weeks of curing; the quality is much better than I remember.:thumb:

True, fluffy buds and mediocre yield but a very nice long-lasting high.

Maybe this was some kind of a hybrid? Autoflowers should be grown on 18/6 or 20/4 not 12/12 because in the 12/12 light schedule they cant reach their true potential!

Interesting, Why not GLR knowing that its and auto and conserve the energy. My buddy has trouble in the autos also, that is until he got set up GLR. then they did fine. Ruderalis hybrids are not even worth it IMO. They always seem to have problems.

It's like somebody said, "Hey you know what, lets cross this awesome 10 ft Sativa specimen with that retarded dwarf-gooney I found in the forest." then after a few tries, self-pontification set in and now people wonder why the "Gooney-child's" babies are all still retarded? Also they never have the % that people think they do. All the talk of high THC makes me go limp noodle.

You got to wonder when regular un-sexed land race weeds are impossible to kill, but they hybridize and feminize and now the soil is to hot and the roots don't like water, and they store salts..... (Again wondering why the gooney-children are not good at sports, math, dressing, going to the bathroom on their own.)

Anyways this is not me talking bad about Ruderalis, it just my way of saying that Ruderalis is more adept for retards that getting retarded.

I disagree Frank, ruderalis hybrids are worth it if you have a limited space to operate in the key is to have the knowledge to grow them. I've grown and smoked nothing but feminized autos for a little over 3 years now. I grow 6 plants at a time and I yield about 50g dry weight per plant plus I have 5-6 harvests a year of some kick-ass smoke. It's quite obvious you don't have the knowledge it takes to grow autos, one might percieve that as a slight form of retardation.

Agen, your baby looks fine. I have a friend from Copenhagen who is a breeder, best light cycle for autos is 24/0 until sex shows then go to 20/4 to complete the grow. This works! He also recommendeds to use hps for the entire grow to keep the internode spacing as close as possible and prevent stretch, 1/2" spacing is ideal this will produce bigger fatter buds.

Agen, your baby looks fine. I have a friend from Copenhagen who is a breeder, best light cycle for autos is 24/0 until sex shows then go to 20/4 to complete the grow. This works! He also recommendeds to use hps for the entire grow to keep the internode spacing as close as possible and prevent stretch, 1/2" spacing is ideal this will produce bigger fatter buds.

Stoma, I would love to believe that 24/0 followed by 20/4 all under HPS is a magic bullet for autos.

Some of that just flies in the face of advice from reputable websites, vendors, seed banks, you name it... to wit, the 24/0 and HPS parts seem doubtful.

I am willing to try it though, just as soon as my HPS frees up from a 12/12 cycle it's occupied with.

Back
Top Bottom