Are feminized seeds good for taking clones from?

StonedTown21

420 Member
I am a relatively new grower when it comes to cannabis. This time around instead of fooling around with genders I decided to buy feminized seeds. I also want to try and do some cloning of a strain that I have instead of buying the seeds continuously. With that in mind I had a few questions about whether or not this is something I could do and get the results I'm hoping.

If I were to take a clone from a feminized seed is the clone always going to remain a female plant and so on and so forth. I know feminized seeds can sometimes revert to being a Hermie, but is it possible for a clone to turn full male? What kinds of things would make a plant a good candidate for cloning? Is the cloning process different between a photo and an auto plant?

Hello and :welcome: to the forum
There is tons of info if you search the site

A female clone will always be a female of the same age as the mother, so flower the clones but keep mother in veg for a perpetual SOG (search 'sea of green') - if you stagger flip times by 4 weeks, you'll harvest every 4 weeks ad infinitum
Phenotypes that tend to produce a large main central cola are ideal, but keep clipping mother for new shoots
Do not clone autos - there is not enough time between veg>flower
I have just popped a Chunky Skunk for a clone SOG this summer, it's in my signature if you want to jump in
:peace: :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom