Are my pots too small?

growguro420

420-magazine-mobile777687041.jpg
420-magazine-mobile201835811.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1075630848.jpg

This is about my 20th day in propagation and 16th in veg and I've noticed for the 3 currently growing plants that their roots have penetrated The bottoms of the pots. Does this mean my pots are too small ? If anyone can help it'll be much loved .

No they are not too small for now. Your rooting system will grow latterly now that the tap root has bottomed out.
They may be a little too big actually.
A small plant in a deep pot takes longer to grow because the tap root takes longer to bottom out. but makes up for it later when you don't have to transplant them as much.

No they are not too small for now. Your rooting system will grow latterly now that the tap root has bottomed out.
They may be a little too big actually.
A small plant in a deep pot takes longer to grow because the tap root takes longer to bottom out. but makes up for it later when you don't have to transplant them as much.

Ok so the roots are going to rap around the pot...yea that makes sense I see and I was hoping they would be the right size so I can avoid transplant and possible transplant shock, my last transplant didn't go to well haha.
Thxs for your help

420-magazine-mobile1409773399.jpg
420-magazine-mobile194120433.jpg

Update on my plants growth continues to be strong I checked out the roots and they are very long white and overall look very healthy.
Any thoughts ?

Hi, I just figured I'd add my two bits to your post. I'm new to the game, but having success on my first grow. One thing you will need to take into factor is the plants will go through the nutrients in the soil quickly in a small pot. Not anytime soon for you but will be something to consider later on. Cheers and enjoy the excitement of how fast they grow.

Hi, I just figured I'd add my two bits to your post. I'm new to the game, but having success on my first grow. One thing you will need to take into factor is the plants will go through the nutrients in the soil quickly in a small pot. Not anytime soon for you but will be something to consider later on. Cheers and enjoy the excitement of how fast they grow.

Haha cheers to you as well and thanks for the heads up I'm not too new to this so I know In like 4-6 weeks in the pots they will get through all the nutes and trace elements but I have a good nute set up that everyone here will most likely see some time soon.

Back
Top Bottom