Blazedgirl679

Okay, so I’m growing auto daiquiri lime and they are currently at the beginning of the flowering stage. They are in 5L plant pots however, I’ve started to notice the roots are coming out the bottom of the pot. At this stage should I be transplanting to a bigger pot size?? Or will this stress the plants out too much??

I’m also growing indoors so I don’t really want them to get too big!

Any advice would be amazing! :yummy:

AUTOs like to be grown in their final pot start to finish.

Up-potting at this stage can be stressful but so can root bound.

AUTOs once the roots get root bound they will stop growing taller.

IF you feel comfortable up-potting without stressing the plants I probably would do it.

5L pots are smallish even for AUTOs.

GL with your grow. Post a pic or 2 of your plants??

AUTOs like to be grown in their final pot start to finish.

Up-potting at this stage can be stressful but so can root bound.

AUTOs once the roots get root bound they will stop growing taller.

IF you feel comfortable up-potting without stressing the plants I probably would do it.

5L pots are smallish even for AUTOs.

GL with your grow. Post a pic or 2 of your plants??

Thanks for the advise! One plant is A LOT bigger than the other 2, I grew one in soil (now the biggest) and the others in coco. So I was thinking maybe I should repot the biggest one? And see how the smaller ones get on?

Im scared I’ll kill them by transplanting at this stage. Im a first time grower so I’m not really 100% sure I’m doing everything okay. I’ve researched loads but no actual experience!

Anyway here’s a photo of 2 of my plants
AE577341-E078-46B9-8C43-D387175ED599.jpeg
864124B6-EE3B-4502-AF6B-5BCBDA7DFCCF.jpeg
EE8B0173-67BE-48F8-8BEF-1BDA07EED7E3.jpeg
3A4F9019-46E8-44A6-8967-EDAA648DECD9.jpeg
02F63AD5-62A3-449C-93B3-C765143CA555.jpeg

If your happy with a bonsai, that's what you're going to get.
Main problem is that it's an auto and the first 3 weeks is really what dictates your yield.
So probably wont matter all that much anyway.

I would highly suggest for your next grow to take all those tiny little pots and plant some African Violets in them and get real pots.
No less than 5 gallon Fabric pots as a minimum and if doing autoflowers plant them directly into that pot.

This ^^^

Cant help but notice a greenhouse ouside in the back yard! lol Be a good place to grow Photoperoid plants I'm thinking.

Yeah you will have small plants so if you a big puffer, you will want to start more seeds pretty soon!

This ^^^

Cant help but notice a greenhouse ouside in the back yard! lol Be a good place to grow Photoperoid plants I'm thinking.

Yeah you will have small plants so if you a big puffer, you will want to start more seeds pretty soon!

Ahhh the green thing in the back is our shed and I live in a cold place so it’s not the best outdoor growing conditions :/

Yeahhhh, I literally ordered more seeds yesterday so I’m excited to do better this time round!

Thanks for the advise! One plant is A LOT bigger than the other 2, I grew one in soil (now the biggest) and the others in coco. So I was thinking maybe I should repot the biggest one? And see how the smaller ones get on?

Im scared I’ll kill them by transplanting at this stage. Im a first time grower so I’m not really 100% sure I’m doing everything okay. I’ve researched loads but no actual experience!

Anyway here’s a photo of 2 of my plants
AE577341-E078-46B9-8C43-D387175ED599.jpeg
864124B6-EE3B-4502-AF6B-5BCBDA7DFCCF.jpeg
EE8B0173-67BE-48F8-8BEF-1BDA07EED7E3.jpeg
3A4F9019-46E8-44A6-8967-EDAA648DECD9.jpeg
02F63AD5-62A3-449C-93B3-C765143CA555.jpeg
I like the background scenery
Looks like b eautiful country

hi blazed,

i'm growing outdoors and my plants are into week 14 of veg. (BC,Canada). my smallest pot is 4 gallon and i'm waiting for my 10 gallon fabic pots to arrive that were ordered from the interweb. plants are doing great, but the roots need more room. i wish i would have done this 8 weeks ago because the extrication will be trickier now that they are big and bushy...best of luck to you on your grow...

hi blazed,

i'm growing outdoors and my plants are into week 14 of veg. (BC,Canada). my smallest pot is 4 gallon and i'm waiting for my 10 gallon fabic pots to arrive that were ordered from the interweb. plants are doing great, but the roots need more room. i wish i would have done this 8 weeks ago because the extrication will be trickier now that they are big and bushy...best of luck to you on your grow...

Thanks roaring lion! I know, I wish I had re-potted sooner too :/ best of luck with your grow!

Back
Top Bottom