Pot size?

Kevinhayes

Hey y'all

A virgin grower right here. So I decided I'm going to use a greenhouse purchased from a local store. I've done some research and I'm going to be using cocoa as my medium and I will be using autoflower seeds my question is what size pot is recommended my thought is I don't need a really big one as the plant will only be in it for 60 to 80 days. I seen some of these smart pots on Amazonwhich I think I'm going to use I'm just curious about how big of a pot I need

The greenhouse is 6ft wide 3.5ft deep and 6ft tall. Plan is to put three or four plants in it

Thanks and happy growing

Start in a solo cup, and after a week or so I go to a 5gal fabric pot
I've never done a 7gal but I'd try one if I had one

Good luck and welcome aboard

Hey y'all

A virgin grower right here. So I decided I'm going to use a greenhouse purchased from a local store. I've done some research and I'm going to be using cocoa as my medium and I will be using autoflower seeds my question is what size pot is recommended my thought is I don't need a really big one as the plant will only be in it for 60 to 80 days. I seen some of these smart pots on Amazonwhich I think I'm going to use I'm just curious about how big of a pot I need

The greenhouse is 6ft wide 3.5ft deep and 6ft tall. Plan is to put three or four plants in it

Thanks and happy growing
5gal will do nicely mate. With autos though the bigger the pot the bigger the end plant so if ya looking to fill out that space with 3 or 4 plants id go bigger cuz. But thats me im greedy when it comes to my plants lol

Wow very quick responses, me and this website will be hanging out together (off work for at least a year due to a bad accident at work). so I'm trying to read as much info as I can before the spring hits)

I do want to get yeilds, but as a first-time grower I imagine it's going to take me a few harvest to really dial in and get some big girls out back

I'll be back for more questions I'm sure, unfortunately I don't have too much info I can pass on, YET.

Cheers

Wow very quick responses, me and this website will be hanging out together (off work for at least a year due to a bad accident at work). so I'm trying to read as much info as I can before the spring hits)

I do want to get yeilds, but as a first-time grower I imagine it's going to take me a few harvest to really dial in and get some big girls out back

I'll be back for more questions I'm sure, unfortunately I don't have too much info I can pass on, YET.
If you have the time now, are you able to do an inside grow? By the time "spring" comes around you could already have a harvest under your belt...plus with an indoor light you could get a nice headstart for your GH.

If you have the time now, are you able to do an inside grow? By the time "spring" comes around you could already have a harvest under your belt...plus with an indoor light you could get a nice headstart for your GH.

Unfortunately I'm staying with my sister and her family until for a while well I recuperate from my accident luckily I talked them into letting me put the greenhouse in the backyard I was hoping to get a light the starts the seedlings a few weeks in advance. That will be fine cuz there won't be any smell at that point (I think).

What Kind of wattage will be needed to get them going?

It all depends on of your going to use LED, HPS (High Pressure Sodium), T5's etc. I use LED, a 1500w KingLed full spectrum, a 1000w White light LED and a 300w Full spectrum LED. Remember that people say 1 watt of light may yield up to 1 gram of flower but that's hit n miss. Let's true wattage varies from 80 watts to 400 watts. HPS is true watts.

HPS full spectrum lights can produce bigger and better plants and yields BUT not energy efficient and produces alot of heat. You will need some kind of cooling system to cool the lights so your not scorching your plants or damage your fixtures.

I would say LED for the sake of energy and heat. There are alot of LED makers out there.

Both do the job and I have seen amazing grows with LED and HPS both!!

Now that I typed this, I'm not sure if this was the answer you was seeking..lol geez :confused::rolleyes:

It all depends on of your going to use LED, HPS (High Pressure Sodium), T5's etc. I use LED, a 1500w KingLed full spectrum, a 1000w White light LED and a 300w Full spectrum LED. Remember that people say 1 watt of light may yield up to 1 gram of flower but that's hit n miss. Let's true wattage varies from 80 watts to 400 watts. HPS is true watts.

HPS full spectrum lights can produce bigger and better plants and yields BUT not energy efficient and produces alot of heat. You will need some kind of cooling system to cool the lights so your not scorching your plants or damage your fixtures.

I would say LED for the sake of energy and heat. There are alot of LED makers out there.

Both do the job and I have seen amazing grows with LED and HPS both!!

Now that I typed this, I'm not sure if this was the answer you was seeking..lol geez :confused::rolleyes:

All info is good info. Once I'm all healed up and back at my place I plan on doing some indoor set up as I'm using it for pain management appetite and to give me a good night sleep instead of all the pills they wanted to give me I've looked at alot of LED.

I was curious on what wattage of an LED just to get the seedlings going a few weeks in advance of warm weather

@Kevinhayes dude I shoul
All info is good info. Once I'm all healed up and back at my place I plan on doing some indoor set up as I'm using it for pain management appetite and to give me a good night sleep instead of all the pills they wanted to give me I've looked at alot of LED.

I was curious on what wattage of an LED just to get the seedlings going a few weeks in advance of warm weather
Well it's hard to answer really to be honest. I used my 1500w king led and started seedings hung about 30 inches high. I used my 300w led and hung it about 18 inches above. And my 1000w Sun imitating "white" LED is above a 4 day old seedling is at 22 inches above. Now if you buy like a screw in 15w led or a 50w LED panel then it will have to be alot closer to give the little dude enough light. I will post pics of my lights and distance.

Here is a 50w cheapy I bought and never using it again cause it just dont do the job as good as bigger brothers.

Here is the KingLED 1500w.. love this one!

300w full spec cheapy..

And my newest addition is the 1000w white full spectrum LED.. I love this one too. So do the girls.

Attachments

• 15512462879991552826579726751440.jpg
    15512462879991552826579726751440.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 38
I will give the quick easy answer on pot size with no B.S.
For every month planing to grow (veg and flower time) = one gallon.
So lets say normal three month veg and average two month flower ish that = 5 gallon pot.
Its that easy. Take care all wish you the best.. :passitleft:

Unfortunately I'm staying with my sister and her family until for a while well I recuperate from my accident luckily I talked them into letting me put the greenhouse in the backyard I was hoping to get a light the starts the seedlings a few weeks in advance. That will be fine cuz there won't be any smell at that point (I think).

What Kind of wattage will be needed to get them going?
In that case don't worry about a light (or the associated issues of space and smell)...you will have plenty of time to start and grow them in the GH. Don't know what latitude you are, but look at your local almanac and see the last frost is predicted. That's your seed drop date (yes, even in the GH). You will have plenty of time to grow them into big mothers. Start a grow journal and you will get lots of help during your grow.
:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom