What size smart pots? - Pics

KbCobra

What size smart pots so you suggest and what should they be sitting on?

I've been using 5gal smart pots just sitting on a reflective floor of the grow tents I used to use.

Does reflection on the floor matter? What should I use? Is just the concrete floor ok? Should they be on those stands with wheels?

Also I just bought my first 15 gallon smart pot. Is it worth all the room/dirt they take up for the yield?

This is the first 15 gal I bought with Bruce banner

Snapchat-1496326988993757789.jpg

A) For the final/flowering container anything bigger than three gallon would be, generally, recommended. The only exception to the general recommendation is if your grow space is very small. (IE: Computer case, etc)

B) Light reflection is helpful. However won't be as beneficial if compared to the light coming directly at the plants from the light source(s). Concrete floor is fine, just keep the pot directly off of the floor. Cold concrete floors aren't helpful to the plant.

C)Overall yield will very depending on how many plants you intend on putting in the container.

For a 15 gallon container you can get away with three cannabis plants in the same container and have the same amount of yield as you normally might, if the plants were in individual five gallon pots. More than three cannabis plants in a 15 gallon pot your overall yield will be less. With less then three cannabis plants in 15 gallon pot your overall yield per pot will increase. When considering container sizes...a bigger root ball translates to bigger overall yields.

My plants are all in single pots. One a pot, and sometimes are root bound in 5 gal containers so I bought a 15 gallon hoping that might increase the final size and yield hopefully.

Also you should consider putting your images directly to 420 mag, they have their own photo server :) In the top bar, in gallery there is an upload photos button. Much easier to use than cross posting :) Looking good and you can never be wrong by going bigger :)

My plants are all in single pots. One a pot, and sometimes are root bound in 5 gal containers so I bought a 15 gallon hoping that might increase the final size and yield hopefully.

If the final/flowering container for one plant is a 15 gallon smart pot, you will have a bigger yield.

Also you should consider putting your images directly to 420 mag, they have their own photo server :) In the top bar, in gallery there is an upload photos button. Much easier to use than cross posting :) Looking good and you can never be wrong by going bigger :)

Got it. Thanks man
Snapchat-1496326988993757789.jpg

Back
Top Bottom