Questions regarding Smart Pots!

Hey all! I had a quick question... I know smart pots are supposed to air prune the roots. I have a 4-5week old autoflower in a 5G smart pot and roots have started popping through the bottom!!! I can’t believe how intense the root structure is on this girl at such a young age but my root boosters have been doing a great job though apparently!! Anyways my question is this:

The roots on these girls are absolutely INSANE!!! They are exploding through the bottoms of the pot and a few even on the sides! Is this normal lol!! I feel like these girls roots are gunna get feet and walk outside soon haha:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide: but will they be ok if I left alone? Even with moving the pot in and out of the tent for waterings etc. OR should I get the smart pots off the ground onto a wire rack setup I have for air flow underneath and allow the pots to prune the small roots poking through !?!? Here is a picture of the plant and the base of my pot. I have the smart pots sitting right on the floor inside my tent! Here are some photos
A194CD5C-FC6C-47AA-9042-1DEA536AB14F.jpeg
429A858C-014E-4054-B9FA-28F5BE11AD53.jpeg
792BD564-82F9-4388-A29A-E2A65370A90E.jpeg
Any thoughts on my best route of action is appreciated !!

In the bottom picture the 4 roots are actually coming out of the side of pot !

The pots and roots are behaving as designed...those roots will self-prune and continue their growth (elsewhere).
So @Blew Hiller if I raised them onto a small rack elevated 1-2” off the ground to allow air flow will this be harmful to those exposed roots or will they just get pruned naturally and begin growing out or branching inside the pot again ?!

I have a 25G smart pot with Sour Diesel in it (outdoor grow), I have the smart pots sitting on tan bark / dirt I had to move it the other day and it too had multiple roots growing out the bottom of the pot, digging into the dirt below.

So @Blew Hiller if I raised them onto a small rack elevated 1-2” off the ground to allow air flow will this be harmful to those exposed roots or will they just get pruned naturally and begin growing out or branching inside the pot again ?!
Feel free to raise them on bricks or strips of wood...Mine sit on the ground...there is much more surface area on the circumference of the pot vs the small area on the bottom, so I look at it's effectiveness overall ( I use 5/7/20/30/45 gallons fabric pots). Roots will not be harmed either way...

Back
Top Bottom