When to transplant from 2 gallon smart pots?

Psomi

Ok peeps like the title says.. I need advice. Most of the info I've dug up is on 1 gallon pots. My girls are in 2 gallon smart pots and it's been a week since the roots hit the bottom. So I know they have been building to fill the pot for at least a week.. Smart pots aren't easy to just dump over and check the roots..and I don't want to transplant early or late..

They will be going in 7 gallon pots. 4 weeks in veg this weekend. Pic is a few days old for reference. :thanks: I was thinking tomorrow since they will need water. What are your thoughts?

image35757.jpg

I seen one guy that uses smart pots and just transplants directly into another smart pot. that's withought removing the felt from the original smart pot. just plant it like it's a clone!

it's no stress at all and you can just put them in there. hope this helps Fiveslow87!

I seen one guy that uses smart pots and just transplants directly into another smart pot. that's withought removing the felt from the original smart pot. just plant it like it's a clone!

it's no stress at all and you can just put them in there. hope this helps Fiveslow87!

I've done that. Over the summer I was dropping three gallons smarties into seven gallon smartie, and it worked. Although, after harvesting a bunch of plants in smart pots,, I think it's possible with a good root ball to gently peel the plant from the fabric. I know when I'm done with a plant I always do that so I can get a look at the root structure. And most times I've done that I've made a mental note on how I could up can from a smartie. Haven't tried it yet,, but I bet you could with a solid root mass...... Good luck let us know.

Back
Top Bottom