A New Type of Air-Pot

flexy123

I am researching air-pots and various type of fabric smart pots/pouches and cannot really decide. Aside from the outrageous prices say for the air-pots and smart pots, I find disadvantages with either type of pot.

So while I am doing my research I am coming across those "Air Max Pots" by a Spanish company Hortitec (not related to them whatsoever) which isn't too far from where I am.

What immediately caught my eye was the price, they're only barely more than the standard plastic pots, like a couple of bucks for one pot.

According to some sites (and with the help of Google translate because my Spanish is really shiate :) ) it seems that those pots are really interesting. They seem to combine the price, easiness etc. of air pots without the disadvantages. They're also supposed to promote air pruning and prevent root circling like smart pots and air pots.

Has anyone experience with those pots? I am sure gonna buy some just out of curiosity.

Google Translate

Air Max Pot, el producto estrella de Hortitec - Revista cultivarsalud
MACETA AIR MAX POT

From what I see they're only available in 7L and 11L (1.8gal and 2.9gal), but that would be fine.

air-max-pot.jpg

** Edit: What I like about the pots is that they have the standard square shape, so they're space saving like the normal square pots. And I see they're available in black and white. Yup I am gonna get some of those right now.

Hi! I'm using the very similar Root Maker pots (3 gallon, round) on my current grow. I know Root Maker makes square ones, too. I used Smart Pots on my first.

I like them but find them hard to water around the edges because of the design (the upside down stepped pyramid thing :)) That's good in some ways -- it makes me take my time during watering which is important anyway. But you cannot rush watering them and do a good job :)

Besides that, I'm super pleased with them!

Someone in Spain had them and as far as I could translate he also mentioned they're a little iffy to water.
What he did is fill them with soil that way that in each there is a ca. 2" (5-6cm) ditch in the middle where the seed/plant is.
This should help with watering.
Like this:
airmax2.jpg

That being said I am not sure yet whether to get them since I am also looking into a Hydro system right now.

Back
Top Bottom