Air Pots what do you think and recommend in 22/23

Savvage61

A master grower in the 420 mag family (@Bill284 recommended moving to a air pot I currently use the gro pro warrior air pruning pot for my last 3 grows they have been good trouble free. plastic out side with a big perforated cone coming up the middle that keeps the roots in a bug donut around the pot. but from what I understand air pots will give me healthier roots whichj = bigger yields and better quality flowers.

I would love to hear other opinions, I use 5 gal pots is a 5 gal air pot still big enough? What brand And size do you prefer ?
any help would be awesome ** I am nearing the end of my budget and I would prefer to stay under 50 bucks for 5 pots
Thx

I mean the principal certainly works but for me in a tent I say no! as to me they are bug hotels, if you get an infestation from something with an airpot it's very hard to treat as they can fly in and out and hide in all those holes and bulges.. it's plagued me several times so I don't use em anymore.
Next best thing is a fabric pot where you still get some of that air pruning quality.

If it's for outside you might as well though? as bugs will be visitors anyways but natural predators as well.
I mean they are used in professional gardening and mainly to prepare plants with big rootballs and to be able to be planted easily. As being able to peel them off is a big plus.

If it's inside get root pouches or smart pots a fabric pot but the one with handles as that's handy.. or some even have 4 loops on the corner you can tie things to, also handy. and make sure to put them on a griddle or rails so air can move under them as well and you don't get a wet puddle touching the bottom.
Ideally would be a tray so you can catch the water that runs out and well like a cake rack.
This combined with Bill's method of layering soil & perlite works really well to create an oxygen rich quickly draining pot.

My previous grow was a disaster with a big airpot and I got all kinds of critters, I deep cleaned the tent and bought root pouches and set them up like above, tray, rack, pot and layered them and so far I'm having a pretty problem free, excellent grow with lots of big fruits, just a couple more weeks to go.

A master grower in the 420 mag family (@Bill284 recommended moving to a air pot I currently use the gro pro warrior air pruning pot for my last 3 grows they have been good trouble free. plastic out side with a big perforated cone coming up the middle that keeps the roots in a bug donut around the pot. but from what I understand air pots will give me healthier roots whichj = bigger yields and better quality flowers.

I would love to hear other opinions, I use 5 gal pots is a 5 gal air pot still big enough? What brand And size do you prefer ?
any help would be awesome ** I am nearing the end of my budget and I would prefer to stay under 50 bucks for 5 pots
Thx
They are expensive to buy but can last forever.
You can get good results with your pots or even bags.
Heck I threw a sheet in a giant tiger basket and grew a monster Chronic Thunder.
Freeken huge.
What's inside is the most important factor.
Bokashi frass and DYNOMYCO combined with lots of oxygen is the key.
You can always get one here and there when you have extra cash. :rofl:
Because that happens all the time. :laugh:
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

i FOUND SOME I GOT SOME I got 5 ultra Oxy 5 gallon(super roots Knock off) with 4 -1 liter real super roots I got everything for under 75 bucks had I got 5 super roots air- pot 5.5 gallon would have cost me about $150 not counting the 1 liter ones
the 1 liter is for after the solo cup up pot to 1 liter then Uproot to 5 gal I can not wait I heard a lot of good things I have been lucky I dont have a compost pile so I buy a new bag of FF OF for every grow then dump them in a 50 gal bag but I do have a issue with crickets I can see it now my air pot become a cricket commune, when i started growing I thought about getting lady bugs and releasing them in my tent. I belive my wife call me a "IDIOT" i i RELEASED 100 Lady bugs in my tentin about a hr I would have 99 ladybugs roaming thru my house 🐞 and one really pissed wife 😡

Back
Top Bottom