Superoots Air Pots vs Smart Pots

Didn't think so, thank you very much for the quick response and hope you have a great weekend

MrCountry, Not a problem, and YOU also have a great and productive weekend.!.
Awesome Hobby, wheather u keep the fruits or not, just the growing is so therapeutic.

Hiya MrC!
I see you're well on your way to becoming a master grower! Well done! Here's a little article to read up on if you want to understand the relationship between heat, humidty and stomata's. It may be more than what you want to learn but it will give you a better understanding of what is being discussed here.
Vapor Pressure Deficit & What It Means To You!

Thank you MrSauga, I will definitely read it. I want to get a you good understanding of what I'm doing and how I can improve things. Once again thank you very much.

Hi. Just wanted to chime in. I'm new to this indoor growing. I can do ok. But want to become a master gardener. Probably have some bad habits with nutrients and soil pots. But I bought the 5 gallon fabric pots over my starting in 3 gallon plastic pots. I even went with a 50/50 mix of Fox Farms Happy Frog soil mix and Ocean Forrest mix combined.
I do use GH Nutrients Flora series as my base. At 1/2 the reccomend amount of nutrients for my girls. Are the Smart Pots really worth the Money?
I just bought these 5 gallon fabric pots to grow in. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanx.

Attachments

• 20190113_002640.jpg
    20190113_002640.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190112_232830.jpg
    20190112_232830.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190105_072154.jpg
    20190105_072154.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190112_060725.jpg
    20190112_060725.jpg
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20181218043607_14.jpg
    IMG_20181218043607_14.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 46
Hi. Just wanted to chime in. I'm new to this indoor growing. I can do ok. But want to become a master gardener. Probably have some bad habits with nutrients and soil pots. But I bought the 5 gallon fabric pots over my starting in 3 gallon plastic pots. I even went with a 50/50 mix of Fox Farms Happy Frog soil mix and Ocean Forrest mix combined.
I do use GH Nutrients Flora series as my base. At 1/2 the reccomend amount of nutrients for my girls. Are the Smart Pots really worth the Money?
I just bought these 5 gallon fabric pots to grow in. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanx.

Hi Autolabor1, sorry but I can't give info on the superoots air pots as I haven't been able to order them yet. I had a little setback when I was educated on the actual wattage of the led lights that I purchased, which I had to purchase more for the lack of actual wattage that they put out. I will be ordering air pots next week and I will be more than happy to chime in once I've been able to use them but hopefully someone else will chime in beforehand.

Hey ,
That sounds good. What went on with your LEDs? I'm using King LED from Amazon 1000watt ea x2. They seem to be ok but flowering might be an issue. We will see. Hope you figured yours out. Give me a shout on the pots. From what I gather they are hard to water. These felt 5 gallon I have seem to be working well.

Attachments

• 20190112_225607.jpg
    20190112_225607.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
The issue with the led lights was that the 1000 watt led lights that I purchased were only putting out a total wattage of 180 watts and from what I was told and understand is just not enough. I now have 3 and going to actually purchase 1 more to give me a total of 720 watt output which will be plenty sufficient for my tent and needs. I am learning as I go. Hope this helps.

typically, its best to double your wattage at flower. So use the 320 for Veg, then when you flip, add the other lights. I cant remember if they are dimmable??

Mr Mayne, my lights have a veg setting which is 125 watts times three lights which equals 375 for veg, then I would guess that I turn both veg and bloom channels on for 180 watts each, for a total of 540 watts. Would that be a correct assumption

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190113-184643_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190113-184643_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 38
Can anyone chime in please. My lights have a veg setting which is 125 watts times three lights which equals 375 for veg, then I would guess that I turn both veg and bloom channels on for 180 watts each, for a total of 540 watts. Would that be a correct assumption

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190113-184643_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190113-184643_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 44
Here's my take on lighting. The more the better. By using the veg and bloom switch you are effectively using what is call full spectrum lighting. Many people use full spectrum lights. Get as much light on those babies as you can. Adjust the light up and down according to temp and stretch. You want them to grow but now to get stretchy. Start with manufacturers recommendation on height and start coming down from there. Watch for bleaching with LED's on the leaves.

Once again thanks MrSauga. You say the more the better, does that also mean that you would run vegging stage at full spectrum or just the veg setting on the led lights which is 125 watts each. I will also be ordering one more led light before time to flower, that will give me 720 watts for flower. Also any tips on how to setup in tent, side by side in center 2 by 2 deep?

At seedling stage you can go easy on the lights. After the third node of good growth you can throw all the light at them as you can. The more light the bigger the plant will get. You can't hurt the plant with too much light. The plants grow in the sun all day long and it's much brighter than anything we can throw at it in a tent.
You always want to run lights perpendicular to the plants, so if you have a row of plants the lights go across them, not the same direction. Space them out evenly over the plants and you should have no problems.

At seedling stage you can go easy on the lights. After the third node of good growth you can throw all the light at them as you can. The more light the bigger the plant will get. You can't hurt the plant with too much light. The plants grow in the sun all day long and it's much brighter than anything we can throw at it in a tent.
You always want to run lights perpendicular to the plants, so if you have a row of plants the lights go across them, not the same direction. Space them out evenly over the plants and you should have no problems.

Thanks and much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom