Pots?

Old Fart

One of the things I would like to change on my next grow are my pots. Air pots or smart pots. Is one better than the other?

One of the things I would like to change on my next grow are my pots. Air pots or smart pots. Is one better than the other?
Smart pots . I heard someone call airpots gnat motels lol. I would prefer smartpots not because of the reason stated above. They both have the same effect where roots are concerned. The watering is what worries me .. I havent tried airpots made my own sorta . Not gonna do that again. No real problems but prefer the cloth pots . Homemade as well . Sorry about the long post. Lol
Happy growing

"carpe diem"

Only on my first grow. Using Air Pots myself but Smart Pots are cheaper. Not sure how reusable they are. Maybe someone else can elaborate. They're also wider which helps the plants not to fall over as they get large. Air Pots are taller and narrower and more expensive. When the plant is done you can just unscrew the side and take the dirt and roots out. I also like that Air Pots have a bottom that can be raised so the soil and roots aren't sitting in runoff when I water. From what I can tell, it's impossible to overwater. So that's my analysis. Which one is better depends on what you prefer.

Thanks for the feedback. I think a shorter wider pot would work better for me so I will probably go with the smart pots. I had wondered what the screwlike things on the side of the air pots were for.

Back
Top Bottom