Air Pots! Does anyone have any one have experience with these good or bad!

Gdpled

420 Member
I purchased a few 5 gal air pots last week when picking up my normal 7gal smart pots. I couldnt find much information on these from experienced growers but they looked cool and the idea seems to be good! Does anyone have or know someone that has used these before? Fixing to start my new grow and dont want to bother with these air pots if there not as good as my normal 7gal smart pot! Any information appreciated.

I'm wrapping up my first grow with them and have been pleased. Only thing is you have to go at least 1.5 bigger than a plastic pot you'd use for the same plant. I.e. if you normally use a gal plastic, go with a 5 gal air pot. If you usually use 5 gal, go with a 7 or 8.
The soil around the outside will dry out quicker, so it's nice to have a little extra soil in the middle.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I normally grow in 5 or 7 gal but the 5 gal was the only ones left so I decided to pick some up. Hopfully they will be big enough.

Awesome, good luck to you. I've got a few in 5 gal air pots and two in 3 gal plastic and the air pots are definitely outdoing the plastic. However, also using them on my premium strains and letting my free bag seed grow in plastic. This fall I might try getting a 10 gal and seeing what happens if I scrog a monster bush in it now that I've had a couple rounds of learning what not to do LOL.

Thanks, good to know that they work well! How big do you let them get in the air pot? Do you top, fim, or Lst?

as big as I can and all of the above.
Finishing up my first grow with airpots (2nd grow ever) and some strains are doing better than others.
For the LST I tried using one of those nylon garden net things, but just didn't seem strong enough to hold the branches down so I went to home depot and picked up a small roll of welded wire garden fence and streched it over a pvc frame with zip ties.
The whole assembly set me back about $30, but the difference in yield will be awesome.

HDX 2-33/100 ft. x 50 ft. Garden Welded Wire Fence-308371HD - The Home Depot

Since my grow space is pretty small, my first few attempts were really just getting mistakes out of the way while trying out several different strains to see what we like, etc. Planning to do a single plant on my next grow of a vigorous strain and train it to scrog/fill the entire 2x4 space and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom