Air induction?

madsdad4ever

Ok I am in the process of a new grow. I will be using 4x8 tent with a 1200 watt led and a 400 watt led. Botanicare pro grow and pro bloom. With a few admendmenta voodoo juice tiger blood anyway u get the idea. I have been looking into air pots and smart pots. Blah blah blah. I have always used five g buckets or the earth. I understand the purpose of the products. So my question is had anyone ever heard of air induction grow? I was thinking bout using a five or seven gallon hard plastis bucket install a couple pieces of half inch copper pipes with hole all in them into the buckets. I could use the pipe to pump air or co2 enriched air or my nutrient solution directly into the soil. Any ideas? Personal experiences with something similar?

I'm not really sure on the results it would have, but I've wondered the same thing myself. And by the way, roots need oxygen instead of the CO2 that the top half of the plant we know and love needs.

I grow using a hempy medium (perlite + vermiculite) and I've thought about blowing air through the drainage hole to do basically the same thing you're talking about. I'm not really sure how much of a difference it would make though. I've heard of people putting air stones in the bottom of their hempy mixes too (as the bottom ~2" is a reservoir), but they mentioned no difference in growth.

I've kind of picked up that the general consensus is that as the water/nutrient solution is sucked up by the roots and/or evaporated, air is drawn into the medium to fill the void. Therefore if your plants are healthy enough and your environment supports it, you should get a good amount of oxygen to the root zone. Of course a lot of this information is just theory...

Maybe it would have a different effect with soil?

Back
Top Bottom