Digital ballast went out yikes!! led?

p604

so 4x4 room with 4 plants hydro, fans, carbon filter blah blah.. Ok so I got a digital ballast MH/HPS currently 3 weeks in to veg, and the breaker blew.. so I reset the breaker, and now my ballast don't work! GRRR!! so I called and they will get me a new ballast as soon as they receive my old one. In which it is only 3 weeks OLD!! its a 600 watt system. Now i'm looking at LED systems, what would be comparable to 600 watts? or do I even need that much for only 4 plants?? and which one to go with? black star 500, grow stealth, dorm grow?

anyone with on hands experience with any of these company's or had a friend that had experience with them??

thanks all for the information.

I am currently using a panel that is much like the Budmaster lights that I like a lot and am thinking about, I am also using a Helios and two older panels in the bud room, the Helios lenses and LED arrangement are much better than the older panels for blending the spectrum and delivering the light. I have some posts about the panels in the light forum and you can see how they are doing in my journal

What type of ballast? Some of them come with spare fuses.

I recommend ALWAYS purchasing lighting equipment local, for this exact reason.

LED is good, however you won't get as good of results as 600W unless you spend some serious cash. If you can afford it, go for it...if not stick with what you got.

thanks guys.. i went ahead and ordered my led light.. and have the digital MH/HPS as a back up. or maybe I could run them both.. humm..

Our Budmaster 675XG same as we sent Buckshot is designed to hammer a 1.2sqm space with loads of light.

This light effortlessly replaces a 600w HPS top of the line digital ballast on power, effective coverage and energy consumption as it only uses 419w, if you can get it a bit higher 1.4sqm effective coverage can be easily achieved.

Any questions feel free to contact us and dont forget our 10% 420 Medical Grower discounts.

budmaster. would u be interested in me trialing one of ur panels on this site in a journal? im a very experienced grower.

just to add, i get quite a following in my journals and could get u good exposure. I have just ordered some leds and if i like them i will be switching my grows to all led. all leds arent created equal, maybe i could do an led side by side?

Hi Cultivator

Thank you for your kind offer but we are happy with good old Buckshot doing our diaries and have already given out our quota of lights this season.

I will keep you in mind though for Budmaster III next year.

I lost one of my digital ballasts in the same way.

I overloaded an electrical circuit, popped the breaker, and the ballast never worked again.

The higher end ballasts are electrically protected via fuses or circuit breakers. The cheaper ballasts are not.

A $200 ballast on Amanzon is not the same thing, likely, as the $400 ballast in your local hydro store.

After finding this out - I only purchase good ballasts that have an obvious fuse or circuit breaker on them. Too much power in too small a space to go cheap on protection.

Hi Cultivator

Thank you for your kind offer but we are happy with good old Buckshot doing our diaries and have already given out our quota of lights this season.

I will keep you in mind though for Budmaster III next year.

No problem mate, thats fine. Just so u know im a large scale commercial grower, so if ur led's prove to work there may be substantial business opportunity. as its much easier for me to keep business inside the uk. I only journal small 2-6 light grows on here and 10 or 20 plants. was going to journal an industrial grow but recently just beat a case valued over 280k, so just keep them smallish on here.

Do u have a link to a website for ur business?

stick with brands like lumatek, i have never had a failure from them ever, im probably running in the region of 70 of them now. They are pricey but worth it.

Yes, they are all electrically protected with fuses / circuit breakers. Adn seem to have a great build quality. Been running one for six months now... pleased.

And if I remember correctly - one of the few that have UL listing. Which means they also control RFI :thumb:

Another great new digital ballast is the Nanolux ballast from Growth Technology, very small, very light and definitely next gen.

Back
Top Bottom