Starting Autoflower Seeds In 3 Coco Coir Plantable Pots?

My sincere condolences, the Coco Pots I purchased locally measured 3.25 wide and 3.25 tall. I originally assumed they were on the smaller side, now I have a plant progressing as well as a plant started in its original pot :) . That site on the Internet which ships fer free has 3“ that measure approximately 2.25 wide and 2.25 high. They were bout .34 cents each, the 4” I originally purchased were 1.34 each. I found sum 4” from that same site fer bout .80 each. Shipping on the first purchase was delayed a couple times. I just purchased the cheaper 4”, they will notify me when they ship ! Must be a supply chain issue with these things. I do believe these pots will allow ya to start a plant in a small pot and easily transfer to its final pot. Yesterday I placed a 3” coco pot in a cup of warm water fer bout an hour or so. After soaking I was able to further separate sum coco fibers which will allow easier root penetration. FYI I planted the Coco Pot as soon as the seed fully germinated, standing tall and wings open.
:thanks::passitleft:

This one was interesting thread @Hap Hazard !

I do not know is this relevant even to write, but seems that people make some work on transplanting autos! I have done few runs with Autos in a tent among some photos. Vegging the photos until autos are ready. Was a bit of long veg for photos tho haha but worked out alright.

But back to transplanting ! I am just way too lazy, especially when it comes to growing autos indoors. I have about 16litre fabric pot which I fill 2\3 with soil. I prefer Plagrons BatMix, Slow Heads lazy option for easy start... AND I make in the middle about "fist size", bit bigger whole. Then I fill the whole with some that is suitable for seedlings and seeds. After germinated the seeds, carefully place them in the whole I poked with a pen and that's me done ! for a while at least. While the roots and seedlings grows I start to lightly moist the BatMix around the growing seedling. When the plant is big enough and the root system strong and wide, it will get in contact with BatMix medium and get all needed nutrition from the soil next 4 to 5 weeks.

Maybe this was something that everyone does and knows already, still wanted to write something about transplanting autos. I personally do not find it as a good way to grow autos, but I personally do not even find my hand sometimes... so what do I know:thedoubletake: Well I know that autos are pretty pointless to grow indoors IMO and if do so, stressing them with all the transplanting can't be good for the final product.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom