Auto pots and coco coir

Fatlad

hi guys ... after disaster of last grow
I've decided to change things as I could not water my plants often enough ... I'm going with 7 auto pots and using coco coir .. I'm brand new to this so any advice on what's best nutrients to use.. how much or best way of maintaining autopots etc would be greatly appreciated fellow growers

If you put kind soil in the bottom of your pot with the coco on top all you will have to do is water and train. No Nutes required :thumb: Love it. Super easy:rollit:

Hi Fatlad, glad to see another grower moving to autopots... i love them :thumb: , i`ve never used coco coir so i will stick to the general tips. I have used soil and currently using Tropic Bat Mix

Questions
Are you using fabric or plastic pots? - i have used both and the fabric seem to be out performing the plastic atm

Are you using an air dome? - i highly recomend it... they realy boost your root system

Tips
Nutes - I use Advanced Nutrients and have good results but i wont recommend one brand over another... the only thing i would advise is you avoid organic nutes a they tend to have alot of bits which love clogging pipes

Reservoir - Never completley fill it unless you are going away for a few days... i usualy fill with 10 or 15 ltrs at a time... if you have to drain or adjust anything you are not wasting a large amount of expensive nutes

Inline Filter - This is a must imo... much easier to clean this than all your pipes/connectors and aqua valves

Aqua Valves - Clean them but be very gentle... look after them and they will last for a long time

General Cleaning - I usualy strip and clean the whole system every 4 - 6 weeks and just before i go away for a few days

Thats all i can think of for now but feel free to fire any questions back if you are unsure, enjoy the pots mate, you wont regret buying them... lazy growing all the way ;)

Hi Fatlad, glad to see another grower moving to autopots... i love them :thumb: , i`ve never used coco coir so i will stick to the general tips. I have used soil and currently using Tropic Bat Mix

Questions
Are you using fabric or plastic pots? - i have used both and the fabric seem to be out performing the plastic atm

Are you using an air dome? - i highly recomend it... they realy boost your root system

Tips
Nutes - I use Advanced Nutrients and have good results but i wont recommend one brand over another... the only thing i would advise is you avoid organic nutes a they tend to have alot of bits which love clogging pipes

Reservoir - Never completley fill it unless you are going away for a few days... i usualy fill with 10 or 15 ltrs at a time... if you have to drain or adjust anything you are not wasting a large amount of expensive nutes

Inline Filter - This is a must imo... much easier to clean this than all your pipes/connectors and aqua valves

Aqua Valves - Clean them but be very gentle... look after them and they will last for a long time

General Cleaning - I usualy strip and clean the whole system every 4 - 6 weeks and just before i go away for a few days

Thats all i can think of for now but feel free to fire any questions back if you are unsure, enjoy the pots mate, you wont regret buying them... lazy growing all the way ;)
wow thanks for the reply ... I'm using 15ltr plastic pots as that's what was supplied with it ... do I use notes at full strength or half strength as they will be constantly being watered .. also thinking about the hesi coco starter kit any dealing with that... I've used advance nutrients before but are pretty expensive but would go with them again

Plastic pots are still good, it's what I used for a long time. Never used the hesi coco starter kit so can't help you there... you are using a full coco substrate which is something I've never done but I would guess it's better to use half measures and add more if they need it. I'm sure there are many expert coco growers here who can advise you better

Plastic pots are still good, it's what I used for a long time. Never used the hesi coco starter kit so can't help you there... you are using a full coco substrate which is something I've never done but I would guess it's better to use half measures and add more if they need it. I'm sure there are many expert coco growers here who can advise you better
ok thanks .... the inline filter is that something separate you bought as I dont seem to have one also do you have all your pots and lines running symmetrically with one one another as mine are a bit spaced out with different lengty of pipe going to each one etc

Back
Top Bottom