2x 4x4 flood tubs filled with hydroton
1 tub Hindu Skunk 1 tub Purple Kush
2 x 25 gal res
Co2 1.5 cfm at 23lbs evry 15 min on/off
nutes- Botanicare Pure Blend
Liquid Karma
Bio Bizz Sea kelp extract
Zone- root conditioner

Well I am 25 days in veg and need to know what you guys think. Should I flower these girls yet, or keep waiting. I want to max my yield but dont want to over crowd my girls. The Kush tub is really packed but shorter an stalkier than the Hindu S tub. I am at 980 ppm in the Kush tub and 930ppm in the
Hindu Tub.

Feel free to comment on my set-up, I am looking for all and any feedback. Knowledge is key.
plant60.jpg

Hindu S
plant-8.jpg

Purp K
plant-7.jpg

Hindu S tub
plant-5.jpg

Purp K tub
plant-4.jpg

24inch level next to Hindu S
plant-2.jpg

Looking at HS in foreground PK in background
plant-3.jpg

Please give me any of your input. Thanks

Re: Are they ready to flower???

Hey everyone. Here is my set up

room 10x15
2x1000 watt
2x 4x4 flood tubs filled with hydroton
1 tub Hindu Skunk 1 tub Purple Kush
2 x 25 gal res
Co2 1.5 cfm at 23lbs evry 15 min on/off
nutes- Botanicare Pure Blend
Liquid Karma
Bio Bizz Sea kelp extract
Zone- root conditioner

Well I am 25 days in veg and need to know what you guys think. Should I flower these girls yet, or keep waiting. I want to max my yield but dont want to over crowd my girls. The Kush tub is really packed but shorter an stalkier than the Hindu S tub. I am at 980 ppm in the Kush tub and 930ppm in the
Hindu Tub.

Feel free to comment on my set-up, I am looking for all and any feedback. Knowledge is key.
plant60.jpg

Hindu S
plant-8.jpg

Purp K
plant-7.jpg

Hindu S tub
plant-5.jpg

Purp K tub
plant-4.jpg

24inch level next to Hindu S
plant-2.jpg

Looking at HS in foreground PK in background
plant-3.jpg

Please give me any of your input. Thanks
They look good and you may want to flower soon. Most plants will double in size while flowering and overcrowding may become an issue. Your lighting sounds adequate. Recomended coverage for a 1000 watt lamp is an area 8 x 8 which is 64 square feet. Your coverage "comfort" zone is about 128 square ft with both lamps. The room size based on your post, is 150 square feet. However, it does not appear that you are using the entire room for your ladies. Measure the tables themselves that the plants are actually set in and use that calculation for your lighting needs. To acquire the square footage measure the length x's width of the tubs. One more thing, you may want to lower your lights a bit. It may have been the photo but they seem a bit high, no pun intended, lol. This is only my opinion. You can safely hang them from 18-20 inches above the tops of the plants without a problem. If your worried however that they may be to close, just hold the top of your hand level with the tops of the plants directly under the lamps. If your hand gets to hot for comfort within a few seconds or so, than raise a couple of inches. Keep checking each week using this method as the plants will grow a little as such, throughout the flowering period. Hope this helps, keep up the good work!...:smokin:

I thinned out the PK bed last night, cut a lot of small low stuff. It is still tight but I tried to leave the thickest arms on the girls. Im flipping today and lowering the light a bit. The these girls are ranging from 12-18 inches. Plants look much different than my soil batches. Tough gauging what the size should be to get a proper yield. An ounce a plant would be great. Yes I think we could use bigger tubs as I am not utilizing the whole 128 square foot print. Maybe ebb buckets next round to spread over my room easier. Ill keep you guys posted.

:welcome: to 420 castaway

I like your set-up, yea you might want to switch to 12/12 here soon. In the next couple weeks you might want to trim out some of the lower branches that you know wont get a chance to produce buds, because it gets crowed in the jungle below. That will force more energy to the upper tops and colas that recieve the most light. Great start bro and+reps!

I thinned out the PK bed last night, cut a lot of small low stuff. It is still tight but I tried to leave the thickest arms on the girls. Im flipping today and lowering the light a bit. The these girls are ranging from 12-18 inches. Plants look much different than my soil batches. Tough gauging what the size should be to get a proper yield. An ounce a plant would be great. Yes I think we could use bigger tubs as I am not utilizing the whole 128 square foot print. Maybe ebb buckets next round to spread over my room easier. Ill keep you guys posted.

sounds as if your doing everything right but with plants so close together i would have flowered at around 8 inches.

I'm sure that by now you've already started 12/12 ! Nice grow everything looks nice and healthy. Hope you get more than an ozper plant !! Good luck :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom