Assitance required

learner 101

Hello people,
My name is not important, the reason I am here is.
I will give you a little background, and if you wish to help me I would be grateful.

Firstly 6 years ago I was a fit health person 6 foot 4 inches and weighed 120 Kg and a professional fireman. Then I was diagnosed with Cancer, I had an operation and was told "We removed the entire Tumor, however, we would like to give you a course of Chemo to make sure no cells are left in your body". I said yes, this is when my life became a living hell, if I had any idea what that shit would do to me and my body I would have said "F**k off".

Early this year a friend told me about the benefits of THC, so being the person I am, I researched the subject, after a short time I called him and asked if he would help me try some, never having been in that position before. Now, I am reasonably pain free, have a reasonable appetite.

So enough with the me shit, I am seeking help, this stuff is both illegal and expensive to buy here, with this in mind who f**king cares about the risk I want to grow 1 plant at a time to service my needs, I have some resemblance of a life again.

After a lot of research, I tend to think given the internal space at my disposal a DWC system would be best for me. If someone can tell me what I need to set up the system, what nutrients, what lighting ect, basicly any assistance in this would be appreciated I would much appreciate their help.
I'm not sure on how this site works, but if you provide info within the site let me know how to retrieve it to.
In anticipation of someones assistance,

THANK YOU.:thumb:

thats hell of a journey to get to this point.
*after you get your DWC, find nutrients you like and trust. i use Foxfarms (link) and get yourself some Cal+mag.
*400 Watt HPS lights for 1 or 2 plants for FLOWERING. CFL lights For Veg only.(6500k light spectrum CFL for veg.)
(My best advice is to spend the big money on your lights, CFL's do grow plants, but they don't grow Good plants in Budding.)
*Rockwool to start your ladies
*expanded clay pellets
*Parts per million water meter
*PH pen tester
*Max/Min Thermometer with humidity meter.
*if not using a grow tent, Mylar from home repair store works too.
*Humidifier
*dehumidifier
*2-3 oscillating fans
*air ducting for air exchange. even in big rooms and small tents. always keep new and old air moving!
(carbon air scrubbers are great for smell, but i use one for intake and make the exhaust blow out a second one before leaving the space)
if i left anything out i will get back to you.

thats hell of a journey to get to this point.
*after you get your DWC, find nutrients you like and trust. i use Foxfarms (link) and get yourself some Cal+mag.
*400 Watt HPS lights for 1 or 2 plants for FLOWERING. CFL lights For Veg only.(6500k light spectrum CFL for veg.)
(My best advice is to spend the big money on your lights, CFL's do grow plants, but they don't grow Good plants in Budding.)
*Rockwool to start your ladies
*expanded clay pellets
*Parts per million water meter
*PH pen tester
*Max/Min Thermometer with humidity meter.
*if not using a grow tent, Mylar from home repair store works too.
*Humidifier
*dehumidifier
*2-3 oscillating fans
*air ducting for air exchange. even in big rooms and small tents. always keep new and old air moving!
(carbon air scrubbers are great for smell, but i use one for intake and make the exhaust blow out a second one before leaving the space)
if i left anything out i will get back to you.

Thanks SharkByte,

I have just ordered a HYDROPONICS MEDIUM GROW TENT 4' x4' x6', 400W HPS and MH GROW LIGHTS with a BAT WING and a 6" VENTILATION FAN KIT no filter, need to find them yet.

When you mentioned testing meters I searched the net and came up with this,
41DvSpaHZ9L.jpg

is that what you meant?

When you say Cal+ Mag would that be a magnesium caltrate mix?

As for the DWC, I was planing to use 2 x 5gallon buckets, 1 with a 8" basket and the other used as a reservoir to make it easier to test and add nutrient ect. Run a 500gph pump to move the water and 2 x air pumps 1 to each bucket with 2 stones per bucket. Do you think this will work?

Thanks again.:high-five:

I've never done hydroponic growing though I always want to...but here are some links from a few amazing growers. These are not DWC and so I don't mean to confuse the issue for you, but you may find them worth a read, or get some info from them that suits your DWC if you go that route. I do seem to read of a lot of people having root rot problems in DWC, though like I said I haven't done it so maybe I have a false impression of it from reading 'problem' threads.
If you haven't looked here already, this link is amazing for covering the basics
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Best of luck to you mate.
One more thing- start a journal and you will always have constant help from the many geniuses on this forum.

Simple DIY'S: Ebb & Flow System

How to Set up a "Capn-Style" Flowering machine. - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

How to: Simple Hydroponics

Edit- your second post came up with more info as I was typing this, but I will leave it as it is, in the hope it helps. Will be back...

hey bud,
sorry for not clarifying.

pH Meter and TDS Water -These are the ones i use.

1666930855614.png

Cal Mag

1666930869581.png

your idea of using the 2 buckets (1 for grow, 1 for Res) is not a bad idea, but i feel it will complicate things in regards to water temp. i say this in reference to root rot. This problem is our soul concern to our girls in dwc. Warm water temps will cause major problems with roots.
i accidentally found a solution that works for me in my dwc without putting any effort into keep water temps down. i top off my water levels with water made cold from the frig. i felt my air hoses while in the water, they felt slimy, but after i added 1 gallon of cold water to top off my levels at 3 gallons, any slime was instantly gone. (slime is the start of the down hill slide)
My only concern is your water will need a way to be cooled if not changed every week. many growers don't change there water from two weeks to four weeks.
altho, playing devils advocate, having a rez will make it easier to test and add nutrient with the added benefit of giving you enough water to last for days if accidentally neglected
I would go with 1 air pump with your 2 air stones in the grow bucket. the air stone will not be needed in the res if you are pumping water between the buckets.
Weaselcracker is correct in you starting a grow Journal, when your in a state that's behind the times, its the best way to show our pride in secret as well as getting much needed help.

Firstly;
let me apologies to the mod's, still learning the site and don't know how to post pic's yet, I didn't intend to break your rules...sorry people.

I must say, what a marvelous site this is, the depth of knowledge found here and assistance I have received so far is great...I haven't started yet but feel confident that should issues arise, the solution will most likely be on here or come from the people within this forum...keep up the good work.

Secondly;

gday sharkbyte,

thanks again for the info. I wish the shops here sold half the things as the US, but have to do with what's available...

The reason I am looking at this unit is because it covers a lot of things see below, I would rather outlay for the products that will assist in provding the best outcomes.

FEATURES
- 7 different parameters: pH, Temperature (°F & °C), ORP(mV), TDS (EC, CF, ppm)
- Built-in Rechargeable Battery
- Large, Tri-Screen LCD Display; 3 results displayed simultaneously
- High pH accuracy up to ±0.1pH

SPECIFICATIONS
- Measuring Range
o EC : 0 ~ 19.99EC
o CF : 0 ~ 199.9CF
o TDS : 10 ~ 19990ppm
o PH : 0 ~ 14.00PH
o mV: 0 ~ ±1999mV
o °C : -50 ~ 70°C
o °F : -58 ~ 158°F

- Resolution
o EC : 0.01EC
o CF : 0.1CF
o TDS : 10ppm
o PH : 0.01PH
o mV : 1mV
o °C : 0.1°C
o °F : 0.2°F

- Accuracy
o PH : ±0.1PH
o °C : ±1.0°C
o mV : ±0.1%F.S±1digit
o EC, CF, TDS : ±2% F.S
- Operating Temperature : 0 ~ 50°C
- Automatic Temperature Compensation(ATC) : 0 ~ 50°C
- Pre-Calibrated Electrodes & Probe
- Size : 155 x 86 x 22mm
- Weight : approx. 230g

Hence my research prior to the start up, I will start a journal once all the materials arrive and setup is complete.

The main reason for the res bucket was to provide 1 hour of freshly pumped water after 7 off, So 3 times a day fresh water, nut's and the air pump keeps the o2 levels up. I felt the by oxygenating the res water when not pumping pumping, thinking it would prevent shock to the root system and circulate the nuts within the bucket at the time...as they say, trial and error. I will let you know if it works out, in my grow journal when up and running.

Thank you for all your help.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom