Atlanta Ga has been forgotten

Jimbo

There used to be pot festivals in Atlanta every year, but I have seen nothing about anyone getting together any kind of gathering to rally people about canna reform in that past 10 years or so.
I just don't understand what happened to this city, which has a such a large canna community.
I am very disappointed in the only NORML chapter in GA, which is located in Athens, Ga (not far from Atlanta) I don't believe they do anything to fight for the cause except take up donations.
I would think that with those bills on the table, and the election coming up this year, they would be out campaigning and gathering support.
Georgia is one of those states that needs to be placed back on the map, where canna reform is concerned.
For some reason, we are being left out of the battle and our state needs better representation on the front lines of canna reform!
Anyone that has any info on any Georgian efforts towards canna reform, please pass it along, because I can't seem to find any. Thanks :peace:

a guy named Paul Cornwell used to do the atlanta pop festival and another big 420 related event... i think he is now selling clothes... research the name and see what you can find him and ask him what is going on there...

a guy named Paul Cornwell used to do the atlanta pop festival and another big 420 related event... i think he is now selling clothes... research the name and see what you can find him and ask him what is going on there...

Thanks Rob...I will do that bro. Good looking out my good man!!!

If any of you have time...read this major bunch of horse shit as to why the annual Atlanta "pot festival" can no longer be held anymore...just another reason to legalize. I'm sick to death of all the propaganda surrounding our beloved herb!!!

https://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/199911385.MAN.pdf

that explains why i haven't heard from him in so long...
yet one more reason i do what i do...
we just have to keep on educating them...
we're almost there...

Bless you my bro...I'm in for the good fight! :smokin:

Hey jimbo just stopin by to check and see if u have heard of ANYTHING goin on in GA

Nope...nothing...it's as if Atlanta has fallen right off the map.
I guess the thing to do, is subscribe to creative loafing, and see if they have anything up their sleeves...or go to little 5 points and ask around.
I have asked the only NORML rep in GA about it, and they seem to only want donations, but have no ambition to make a change...it's very disheartening and frustrating!

I tell ya...If I were a single man with no ties to this place...I'd be on my horse, heading to California. Atlanta is the worst place I could have ever wound up, and if I can ever escape from here, I'll never come back...I have been rubbed raw by this place, and the hateful attitudes here...it's just a Little New York city, and just as cut throat!
I have been here for 10 or 11 years now, and still haven't been able to find a reliable source for herb...so thats why I started growing it for myself!
My home town of Columbus, GA. is a whole other world, with people that care for one another, and will help you get plugged in with not too much effort...
I hate the fact that the whole state of GA is starting to be judged by what Atlanta has become...this is the only place in GA that is like this, and people should know that!

I don't see any signs of change here, and I doubt seriously there will ever be, unless people stop burning one another and come together. There's just too much hate here!!!

Yea im gonna have to agree with ya. I've written several letters to Saxby Chambliss and when I do get a response all he says is hes against marijuana. And about the weed, I also agree. Last night I called up everyone I knew that sold or smokes and was unable to get anything...I'm planning on starting to grow in August but it would be my first time so who knows how that will turn out...Ive been thinking alot lately that once I finish gettin my degree im leavin this place too. Do you think that if he's elected, Obama would do anything to help? After all the responses I've gotten from out current rep's I've started thinking that hes our only hope.

The police department
had estimated that in 1994 at least half of the Pot Festival attendees openly smoked marijuana in blatant
defiance of the law and therefore, "n the opinion of police officials monitoring this event, any attempt to
enforce the law on such an occasion would require unusually large numbers of police officers and would be
likely to provoke a civil disturbance."

Dah !!!
So what if y'all provided your own security and didn't need cops?

^^yup!
and well jimbo, I just lost even more hope for GA. I just got a response from senator isakson:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the legalization of marijuana. I appreciate hearing from you and appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Illegal drugs and drug addiction are a terrible problem in our country. Such drugs impair judgment, and are harmful to the health and well-being of their users. I have worked and will continue to work to educate our communities on drug and alcohol abuse. I believe the existing penalties are sufficient and appropriately punitive.

BASTARDS!

Yea...it seems we are going to keep getting responses like that every time unless we eradicate them from office.
Without a huge show of support in this state and all states like this...we can just forget it...without support, they are always going to feel the same way...no changing their minds.
Like the the thread name says "Atlanta GA has been forgotten"!!! and it will always be forgotten too, unless we have an uprising that can be heard all the way to the white house lawn from Atlanta GA!!!

yup. I haven't checked but do you know if theres another candidate running for senate that does support it?
And I just read this thread by another member and now I'm starting to think theres no hope for this country. not just ga...
Cannabis Facts

I've been looking for a pro MJ candidate in GA, but so far I've come up short.
It's a desperate situation I'm afraid!
Thats why we need a rally or something going on in every major city (this one included) from here to November...bottom line!
I have written to the GA NORML in Athens, and told him exactly that, and I'm still waiting on his response.

This is what I sent to him;

I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you before now.
I have been so busy with my new moderator job at 420 Magazine, I haven't had time to stop to smell the flowering cannabis...lol

I agree with you on the re-education process that needs to take place here in GA, and, we the smokers, are the ones that need to do the re-educating.

I live in #!$%^ co. and have been trying to make a conscience effort to teach everyone that I come in contact with, about the federal bills on the table for cannabis reform, and have been trying to get people to write to their local and federal reps., in an effort to get these bills passed into law.
I have found that nearly 100% of the people I've talked to, have no idea that those bills even exist, and I find that very discouraging.
We need a gathering to take place as to get this out to the masses...people need to be made aware!

I strongly believe that there should be a cannabis awareness rally going on in every major city in this country, from here until November.

We need to get our message out to the people in a profound way, so that we can shift attitudes about the benefits of our beloved herb.

Being that NORML is the front runners in cannabis awareness, I would think that they would be the main ones to head up such a campaign.

If Y'all were to start such a campaign, I can assure you that news of such events would spread like wildfire through all the cannabis communities.
I am asked almost on a daily basis, if there is ever going to be another pot festival in Atlanta, and all I can do is answer them with "I don't know, I haven't heard of another one in the near future"

We need to try and catch up with what has been so effectively realized in California and all the other cannabis friendly states, and the only way to do that, is to not let this opportunity slip through our fingers here in the south.

I believe in my gut, that if the southern states can get legislation passed here, then the rest of the country would soon fallow suit, and that this part of the country could prove to be a pivotal part of total cannabis legalization for the whole country.

I would be more than willing to offer my services to help with any campaigns that may be in the works, and as a representative of 420 Magazine.com, would be very happy to pass along any information to our members as to start a gathering of large scale proportions for any such campaigns.

I want to extend to you another invitation to visit our loving cannabis community, and invite you the weigh in on any posts that you can help us with, to get our message out more effectively...as a NORML rep., your presence will be most welcome.

Thank you John, and I look forward in hearing from you soon,

Jimbo

wow that is awesome. I just sent an email to norml also trying to get them to put the rallies into effect also. I dont think it has to be anything big, if norml sent an email to all their member sayin that in every city were gonna do this (and simply through word of mouth) more and more people would join in. As the months go on and our groups grow bigger, so will our media coverage so the gov would have to recognize that this is a serious issue that so many are concerned about.

P.S. let me know what they say as soon as you hear from em!

Still no word from them yet?
Anyways, just wanted to let ya know that last night I emailed norml because im planning on starting a new chapter at my school! Hopefully everything works out!

Still no word from them yet?
Anyways, just wanted to let ya know that last night I emailed norml because im planning on starting a new chapter at my school! Hopefully everything works out!

Not since I last checked my email yesterday, but I'm thinking about sending him another one, if I don't here back from him soon.

Did you email the one in Athens (UGA NORML)?

John, seems to be a real cool guy and will help you get it started.

I sure hope you can get a new GA chapter started, because we need more chapters here in GA...count me in to help you as well :smokin:

That could prove to be great for 420 Magazine as well, because then you can be like our go to guy for NORML action ideas and feedback, and even push some of our issues to the table like getting more rallies going before the November election.

I would love to see a solid link up with us and NORML and will do all I can to help get the word out for you :smokin:

Thanks again for everything jimbo!
No, I didn't email john, I emailed the people from NORML that they provided on their website to start a new chapter. I didn't really think about emailing john but that sounds like a good idea too.

Back
Top Bottom