Authenticity of Roor bongs

Thats because they are the King of Bongs. In terms of pure function these pipes are unbeatable. The glass that they are made from makes them a cinch to clean.

The difference between a USA RooR and a German RooR is simple, the USA one has a rubber grommet on the downstem. These are not nearly as good as the all glass on glass fittings on the German RooR. Get a German RooR, I love mine! Also, the suction generated by the airtight seal of the glass fittings puts those usual artsy bongs to shame. I am lucky enough to have a headshop locally that stocks the German RooR's but even the owner himself claims they are so difficult to get.

Otherwise, I do like those PHX pipes which seem more common place and just as good of quality.

You can spend alot of money on a really nice looking waterpipe with alot of art but I realized if smoking is what you want to do then A RooR is what you want to get. Hope this helps.

Kittyloaf said:
US Roors don't have grommets. They haven't for the last 5 years, anyway.

Really!? I always thought that that was the only difference between them? Is it just because of trademark issues that we cannot make the exact same pipe in the USA as they do in Germany? I know mine is a German one, you can se it on the site, thats all the guy i goto carries.

I have the Orange Zumo one.

I would love a 7.0 Icemaster. Thats the best and thickest one that they make. Does yours have a flask bottom or is it straight?

Oh they are availible locally in my area, just so much money ($360)! The guy also told me he is lucky to get what he can and cannot get me a custom one, but oh well.

Yeah I hear you there, but I think the thicker the better, espescially if I were to get a custom. Also, I may have asked this already (can't remember) but does your custom have the strengthened bistbill ground joint? I think that is defiantly a must for a custom.

Ah how I want a RooR. As soon as I get a new job I'm saving for one, a Valcano, or a Vapezilla. Everyone so far has been telling me to get a vaporizer rather than droping 400-500 on a custom bong, everyone is saying that much for one is a waste especialy if you already have one. I have my heart set on buying one of these and I was actualy about to make a topic asking if they're worth the money but I figured I may as well post in an existing thread.

Over whats the better by, the RooR, or a high end Vapo? I'm leaning toward the RooR.

You got a sick bong already hook up the Vapo. Taste like candy.

Get a RooR before you get a vape. Just my opinion but a waterpipe works much better than any vaporizor I have tried. Also, vaporizors, for me anyway, lack the sensation of actually smoking. Yes, they do work for me but not as quick as a waterpipe, also they require alot more preparation to smoke and stuff to put in.

Yes. Your roor's r's should be curved. The name roor will be on every part of the bong at least once. There is a trade mark next to every roor name on the bong. Finally, it will have a stamp on it that says what number out of how many there was made of your particular bong. Also known as a signature. Im not compleatly positive all have to have the signature tho. Oh and I loooooooove mine.

I have tried many many bongs including 4 versions of RooR. No bong is worth $200.00 - $600.00 unless you have some extra $$ to burn, are bored or a collector. They seem to be more of a "status" thing to me. The high, taste and hit you get from a $400.00 bong is not 10x better than a $40.00 bong.

Every couple of years I see a friend who is a glassblower and have him make me a nice 8-12" Pyrex VASE :smokin: (I give about 1/2 of my vases away after a few years , fresh "flowers" included). Costs me nothing*, is high quality and all have worked great.. *I do give him a "tip" for his time.

Nothing wrong with wanting an expensive piece, I myself can't justify the cost difference tho and would rather spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom