Auto flower issues: please help!

BigL23

420 Member
Hey guys, new here, looking for some help to get my girls back in good shape. Sorry for the long write up, trying to include everything.

My second crop, so im fairly new to growing. Have three auto flowers going in a closet, started them about 6 weeks ago. Ive noticed a steadily decline in their health though, been triying to resolve the issues but it seems to be getting worst.

I planted in fafard tomato potting mix, which I absolutely regret and don't recommend to anyone. Didn't add any perlite either, which i know i should have and will be doing so next time.

First I had issues with fungas gnats, which started a week or two after planting. I think ive successfully eliminated them, for the most part. I noticed white spots on one of the plants, probably about 4 weeks ago. I assumed they were just due to the gnats at the time, figured they'd go away or stop spreading once i got the gnats killed off. Not the case, they're on most of the leaves on that plant. Looks like another one of the plants is showing those same white spots. It's not mildue or mold, they seem to be in the actual leaves.

Then about 3 weeks ago I noticed lower leaves turning yellow and a few brown spots. Bought a soil ph tester and realized my soils around 7.3 - 7.5. PH -- way too high.

I assume it's a nutrient deficiency due to the high ph levels of my soil. Been adding GH BioThrive bloom as nutes, adjusting the PH levels down to around 5 or 6 to try to get my soil ph lower. Been using GH Ph Down. It doesn't seem to be getting better though, more leaves with white spots showing and lower leaves still yellow.

Any quick fixes to reduce my soil ph? Ive read about vinegar but that seems to be only temporary. Ive read about flushing and trying to adjust the ph levels after, but am not very familiar with that technique. Nor do i really want to add aluminum sulphate, seems a little toxic considering my situation. I considered transplanting into a bigger pot, mixed with peat moss and perlite, is that a stupid idea?

Any suggestions would help!! Sorry for the novel.

pH down is your best bet since it is phosphoric acid based. Viinager will work as well if you get low in pH down. It does sound like magnesium deficiency due to pH. What is the pH of your water, or even better the hardness. If you have soft water (low pH) you may have to add cal/mag. Could also be insects. Tiny little things called krips I think. You have to look at the underside if the leaves for tiny white spots.

Thanks for the quick response!

PH of the tap water is high, tested at 7.5 the other day. As for the hardness, i'm not so sure. I live in an apt, and im not really sure how to test that. I'll do a little research though.

I haven't noticed any issues or spots on the underside of the leaves. I forgot to mention that I picked up some GH Cal Mg but have been reluctant to use it as i assumed my PH levels were way off and needed to be corrected first.

Thanks for the quick response!

PH of the tap water is high, tested at 7.5 the other day. As for the hardness, i'm not so sure. I live in an apt, and im not really sure how to test that. I'll do a little research though.

I haven't noticed any issues or spots on the underside of the leaves. I forgot to mention that I picked up some GH Cal Mg but have been reluctant to use it as i assumed my PH levels were way off and needed to be corrected first.
Post some pics later bro.
That will help alot.
I would water with say ph 5 and see what the runoff tests at. And try bring runoff down. Soil not as easy as people think. Coco is just to easy. Nutrients. Ph. Off u go.
Good luck.

Sry for off topic but New to autoflower growing and b4 I any issues just wondering if FFOF soil is a good choice to plant my autoflower seeds in once germinated..

With pH 7.5 tap water chances are it is fairly hard, so you shouldn’t need the cal/mag. Flush with pH 5.5 water and then let the soil get dryish before watering again.

Anyone know? Ive never grown indoors, 20yrs ago it was plant 20 seeds in good top soil, Pluck out the males and after about a ft tall into the ground Mid April in South Fla & come Halloween.. I'd be a happy camper.. With just water and pissing where it's planted.. Their were no Auto, Feminized, All these different Nutes... Any help would be appreciated

Thought was fox farms ....... didn't know the rest.
I guess you would have to ask those who use it. Does it come ready to use or must you add to it?

Thanks..Yea def will not over water. Like I said just new to Autoflower /indoor used to letting Nature do it's job.. Unfortunately now I live in a place where I can't put up fences. So indoor is only option.. Thanks bud

Thanks..Yea def will not over water. Like I said just new to Autoflower /indoor used to letting Nature do it's job.. Unfortunately now I live in a place where I can't put up fences. So indoor is only option.. Thanks bud
Enjoy the indoor bud. Once you start its..
Bye bye spare time and cash. Lol :goodjob:

Ok so to get back on topic...

Here's some pics

Attachments

• 15392112478249120681569402054008.jpg
    15392112478249120681569402054008.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 121
  • 15392112745147536866553465593255.jpg
    15392112745147536866553465593255.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 15392113072285304933641147584267.jpg
    15392113072285304933641147584267.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 15392113308434038447721920283344.jpg
    15392113308434038447721920283344.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 1539211364413719433628714196225.jpg
    1539211364413719433628714196225.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 120
Thec
Hey guys, new here, looking for some help to get my girls back in good shape. Sorry for the long write up, trying to include everything.

My second crop, so im fairly new to growing. Have three auto flowers going in a closet, started them about 6 weeks ago. Ive noticed a steadily decline in their health though, been triying to resolve the issues but it seems to be getting worst.

I planted in fafard tomato potting mix, which I absolutely regret and don't recommend to anyone. Didn't add any perlite either, which i know i should have and will be doing so next time.

First I had issues with fungas gnats, which started a week or two after planting. I think ive successfully eliminated them, for the most part. I noticed white spots on one of the plants, probably about 4 weeks ago. I assumed they were just due to the gnats at the time, figured they'd go away or stop spreading once i got the gnats killed off. Not the case, they're on most of the leaves on that plant. Looks like another one of the plants is showing those same white spots. It's not mildue or mold, they seem to be in the actual leaves.

Then about 3 weeks ago I noticed lower leaves turning yellow and a few brown spots. Bought a soil ph tester and realized my soils around 7.3 - 7.5. PH -- way too high.

I assume it's a nutrient deficiency due to the high ph levels of my soil. Been adding GH BioThrive bloom as nutes, adjusting the PH levels down to around 5 or 6 to try to get my soil ph lower. Been using GH Ph Down. It doesn't seem to be getting better though, more leaves with white spots showing and lower leaves still yellow.

Any quick fixes to reduce my soil ph? Ive read about vinegar but that seems to be only temporary. Ive read about flushing and trying to adjust the ph levels after, but am not very familiar with that technique. Nor do i really want to add aluminum sulphate, seems a little toxic considering my situation. I considered transplanting into a bigger pot, mixed with peat moss and perlite, is that a stupid idea?

Any suggestions would help!! Sorry for the novel.
The yellowing will never go away.
You must keep an eye on the new growth and how thats looking and what its telling you. Those old yellow leaves do nothing.

One is kush xl, other is gorilla glue
I'm new to autoflower growing, but have seen alot of friends grows and they ALWAYS did LST to their plants from 2wks after sprouting and their plants looked different.. Fuller.. But like gro bro said those yellow leaves are dead and gone bro. I would take scissors and get rid of em it's an eyesore for you.. Just watch the new growth. You still have a few wks to go.. ALOT can be done to improve whatever the issue may be.. Just my opinion.. .

Back
Top Bottom