Auto flower vs Fast seeds

KDK

420 Member
Hey,

Recently I ran into a shop that promotes these "fast" flowering seeds. I could not find a lot of information about them since when I try to google the classic autoflowering seeds seem to appear. So far I learnt that they should be ready to cut one week quicker than the normal autoflowers.

Anyone has some experience with them or any thougts about that? I am all ears to hear anything helpful.

Thanks! :yummy::green_heart:

Hi @KDK
From outside growing perspective,
I grew some Early Skunk this year, which I suppose might be a fast variety. It came in a couple weeks before the (regular) Skunk planted together. They need to be harvested here early sept to avoid pests. The skunks were more fragrant and slightly larger buds than the earlys but both came out nicely. I would like to find some other good early strains also.

I did some autos outside as well, they’re good to get a quick harvest anytime in the summer.

I did some autos indoors, but I’ve had better luck with photos, the size is easier to control and they are more flexible. For indoors growing I am less concerned with a couple weeks in the grow cycle.

What varieties were the fast seeds and how long is the advertised flower time? I would like to know how these have turned out for other growers too.

By Fast seeds. Do you mean a company or the strains in general. Fast flowering photo strains can probably be grown faster then most autoflowers.
Autoflower does not always mean faster. They just start flowering on there own. Flower time is still strain specific. More and more they grow longer and produce more because of it.

Not many autoflowers can keep up with a veged and flowered C-99 for a fast harvest.

It was fantastic, smelled like blueberry and was a great smoke
Very sativa ish which I think c99 is

Loved it, have a couple more seeds I'll pop someday for sure

C99 sounds promising. I’ve never tried it, but it seems to be bred from Jack Herer, which I like a lot. I am looking for some haze type strain to grow next, that might be the one. Thanks for the recommendations.

By Fast seeds. Do you mean a company or the strains in general.
I meant the strain in general, not the company. I always thought that autoflowers are way to go if you want to do it in the least time possible. It seems that I dont understand it well.

Autos are the only ones that start flowering not based on the light cycle, but whenever they "feel like" ? Then the fast seeds are just a faster version of "regular" that start flowering when the light cycle is right for it. Is that correct? o_O

Thanks for all the comments guys! :Namaste::green_heart:

Yes, you are correct, autos start flowering whenever they want, automatically, and photoperiod strains will flower depending on environment -when the night becomes long. As a generality, autos are quicker than photos but there are exceptions.

Autos are especially convenient to get a harvest outdoors in midsummer, where photos will only ever be ready in fall. The inconvenience is they are on their own schedule, so if they are topped and get stunted for a bit, you can’t give them an extra couple weeks of veg time to make up.

The fast version are selected, by nature or breeder, from the fastest individuals over multiple generations of crossing. Like racehorses for example. Autos are bred by crossing regular strains with ruderalis, the seminal auto, which evolved its automatic flowering to survive sudden early winters of Russia. If the plant waited until it detected short days, it would be too late to ripen seeds, so it just starts flowering after 6 weeks

Hope that helps understanding.

:):):):):):)

C99 sounds promising. I’ve never tried it, but it seems to be bred from Jack Herer, which I like a lot. I am looking for some haze type strain to grow next, that might be the one. Thanks for the recommendations.

While C-99 is a great sativa dominant strain. Great flavors but not really on the Haze side. If you want Haze try this one. The best early Haze I have found is the Canalope Haze at 8 weeks it is one of the fastest haze's around.

The high is different also with the Canalope Haze having a more relaxing side.

Back
Top Bottom