Auto light schedule?

ITheNorth

Can someone clarify whether I need to adjust my light schedule to 12/12 during flowering stage of Autoflower strains or leave on 18/6?

i find 20/4 is the magic number

Why is 20/4 better than 18/6? I'm a new grower and just grew my first two plants and they were autos and I ran them at 18/6. Is there any benefit to run them 20/4 instead?

No. Autos genetics dont rely on 12/12 flip. I am probably wrong but the Northern hemisphere sub arctic region where it evolved used the longer length summer days to develop rapidly into maturity and finish flower development (seeds) before frosts killed it off. This period at its extreme matches what you see in your autoflower plants. Those 60ish days either side of the summer solstice describes its life cycle. Meant to add, the longer 20 plus hours matches what environment they thrived most in out in the wild, I'm not absolutely positive about the 24hr but I wouldn't dismiss it at all because there are some regions where autoflower plants might have had the right environment to flourish in 24 hour light as there is.

Back
Top Bottom