Autoflower defoilation

Little Leafy

Hey guys, first time growing an auto. Everywhere I read online says not to defoilate. What do you guys think? They say it shocks them and only stunts there growth. Mine looks a lot bushier than most I see tho.
Some info if it helps
Gh nutes micro, grow and Bloom. Running at 2/3 what it says on the bottle
Top up most days with water, with or without nutes if needed. I have a ppm reader and I try to keep it about 450ish
400w hps light on 20/4
Around week 7 from seed
Strain is automatic Ak from advanced female seeds.
Thanks for your help
420-magazine-mobile896698441.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1917714287.jpg

Grow on. Grow strong

Any suggestions? I think I should have at least lollipoped her but was scared of putting her in shock and stunting what little growth time she would have.
Thanks

Grow on. Grow strong

You can tuck and tie and lightly defol her to open her up. Most large autos will take microtopping and lollipopping and some defol. My opinions only, others methods and opinions may vary...

LOL! My Auto diesel berry defoliated herself! She was one big COLA on a stick by harvest.

As bushy as yours is, it would not hurt to take off some of those big fan leaves in the center and underneath to let light penetrate the whole plant.

Hi Leafy,

Can't really make up my mind about auto defoliation ...

What I do know is that by training early stage (it's too late for your current grow) ... you can plan for the plant you want to grow.

I did very little training on my current grow .... but at weeks 3,4 & 5 I was regularly tying the colas (onto whatever I could find in the grow room) to give them a little more space to grow into, and more light to hit the buds.

Once I did this, I had a much better idea of which leaves I "had to" remove ... and because of the space I'd created, the number of leaves was much less.

With my auto .... even a light defoliation seemed to stall growth for two-three days .... but the buds really have started to swell since (saying that, I'm at week 7 on the auto ... and its the right time for them to gain weight).

The last few weeks are the hardest .... they smell so damn good - and the cookie jar's totally empty...!!!

I had the same questions bud, however I went ahead and defoliated my autos this week. I defoliated once at the beginning of flower and then again at week 3 (day 21) of flower...my plants were totally over grown and you can barely tell I did anything. I also lollipopped them. They seemed to have responded very well so far.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom