Autos are just fun!

Bud

Hay guys, I’ve been growing for along time now off and on for 50 years,dam ( I’m old ) .i recently got interested in autoflowers. I’ve been alternating between photos and the autos until this last run to witch I added a photo to the grow a month later than the autos were started hopping to let her hang our till the autos finished,the light are on 24/7 for the autos. I’ll switch to 12/12 after the auto harvest. Vegging out my photos, while growing autos works. I just hav to work on getting my timing better, 2 months in veg is a little long for me. Six weeks in veg is enough.lol

Hey,

I think you should grow autoflowering strains alone. I had great results in my auto grows and I followed the same schedule with photos. I am letting them veg. for 2 weeks under 18/6 and then switching to 12/12 on the transition week to flower. I don't think most of the autos will start producing flower on week 1 so following the conventional schedule worked best for me.

Another tip I can share is to plant auto seeds in their final pots when you start. Regular strains like transplanting from smaller pots to bigger ones but most of the autoflowering strains prefer the final pot first. They just don't have that much time to live and therefore to veg.

Cheers :passitleft:

I transplant all my autos from a 4” jiffy pot, usually to 3 gal. smart pots without incident,I find Most autos don’t need anything larger for there short life.
Lighting autos 24/7 grows larger, tighter,fatter,and longer colas, and yes autos work under any light schedule but for best results ( yield ) 24/7 won’t disappoint . Imo

I transplant all my autos from a 4” jiffy pot, usually to 3 gal. smart pots without incident,I find Most autos don’t need anything larger for there short life.
Lighting autos 24/7 grows larger, tighter,fatter,and longer colas, and yes autos work under any light schedule but for best results ( yield ) 24/7 won’t disappoint . Imo

Newbie here, I'm going to start my first grow with two autos, Critical Purple and Tangerine dream. I'm still gathering the hardware for a grow tent, I'm trying to learn as much as possible in the mean time.

Do you keep 24/7 light through out the entire grow with autos? Or switch to a 12/12 after they start to show signs of flowering?

Back
Top Bottom