When is a female plant ready to be pollenated?

tablelegslim

I have a male autoflower in my grow space along with a female photoperiod and a female autoflower seedling. I want to catch some pollen from the male and cross it w the auto female i have when the time comes. My photo fem isnt showing her sex yet. Im wondering if as soon as the pistils are visible will it be mature enough to be pollenated im trying to avoid my photo plant being pollenated by the auto male

DC7BF387-2F8B-44B3-B5B3-E4F4201E4327.jpeg

29444028-7C84-4039-A52F-47551A1545D7.jpeg

078BC42E-4D96-49E1-9646-8F69E99C1AF6.jpeg

2C8FA504-1AD1-428C-9875-4BD8E90FFDA3.jpeg

week 4 of flower is best time to pollinate, then, restart the flower clock for the pollinated plant for 8 more weeks. So if the strain is usually a 8 week flower, your going to add another 4 weeks to that. so total of 12 weeks if your making seeds.

As soon as pistils appear on the female plant, she can be pollinated, at least in those buds. You don't have to pollinate the entire plant. I suggest isolating your male and collecting his pollen. I like to add about 1 part white flour to 4 parts pollen, to give it a little "stickyness" and then I use a water color paintbrush to paint this mixture onto the selected buds of my female plant. Of course, isolate the female when you do this, and give her a day for the pollen to take effect. You will see the pistils change, and then you can rinse her off to kill the pollen still hanging around and put her back in the grow room.

Thanks I definitely plan on just isolating a few buds as suggested. No sense in pollenating the entire girl i dont need a bunch of seeds just a few. I will remove the male soon. ill take him out to the wood shed get some pollen and kill it after.

Maybe you can help me out. My photo fem some of the leaves are looking weird. a few of the leaves are almost looking heat stressed to much nitrogen idk what the hell. Ill have to go through my photos and see if that happened after i watered w fish emulsion or not

1113211D-EDEB-4ADA-85EA-6953852C060A.jpeg

539D5CFF-2898-4BB8-8ECB-DA1A2F7089AF.jpeg

Think @Emilya hit it on the head overwatering. She has a link in her sig on properly watering a plant.
I still overwatered sometimes not wanting to waste nutrients, but thats not a good practice. lol

If you plan to chuck pollen, takes clones off the female and just isolate the male until hes finished flowering, gather the pollen ( store it) and wait until your female is ready to get dusted. Them both going at the same time is hard to regulate, just think timing could be off.

You plan to pollinate your female seed when she's ready? Its possible just more variables imo.

the leaves look puffy and downwardly hanging, like an overwatered plant. Have you read my How to Properly Water thread yet? It has been read almost 400,000 times and has helped lots of people learn how to water a weed. I invite you to read it. The link is down below.
Amen on that. Do the soak, do not play.

Back
Top Bottom