Bacteria and Fungus

Mattjones1234

Dear 420 readers,

I am growing in the UK and the weather as always is terrible and specificlly damp and humid. I am suffering badly in my tent from bacteria and fungus that i assume are airborne. Is there anyway of controlling the air on the way into the tent with an air purifier etc to keep the air inside the tent clean and prevent the plants becoming effected.

Thank you

In theory yes, in practicality, no. You need to get the humidity in check and even then treat with a fungicide. No filter will stop 100% of spores from reaching your plants, and with high humidity it doesnt take much for them to thrive.
Thanks just ordered a humidity recorder. Do carbon filters work in theory to stop the bacteria?

Get the humidity under control first. You will more than likely need to buy a good size dehumidifier. You want one that you can set to whatever you need, and one that can pull at least 70 true pints a day.

Bacteria/fungus stuff is the next step to remedy. Pick up an ozone generator off amazon. Clean out your grow space, then scrub it with bleach. Then scrub it with bleach again. And scrub good. Like toothbrush in the crevices good.

Then seal up your grow space tighter than a virgin, but leave a spot to place the ozone generator in your grow space. Turn on the ozone generator for an hour, and finish sealing up the space. No air in or out.

The ozone generator will turn off after an hour. Wait 2 more hours and then open your grow space. Your grow space will now be sterile enough for rocket surgery.

BE ADVISED: ozone, when used unsafely, WILL cause severe harm. It can kill plants, animals, even people. Read and follow all safety precautions.

I run ozone every time I turn a tent. If it's good enough for hospital sanitization, it's good enough for a grow space. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Finally, to keep things in check during a grow, look into Flying Skulls Nuke ‘Em. It’s good against all kinds of bacteria, fungus, and critters. It is also safe to use all the way through and including harvest.

A carbon filter has no affect on air entering your tent. It is on the exhaust or exit and scrubs odors from air leqving the tent. So all air in your space outside the tent is odor free.

If humidity is a problem, get a dehumidifier and use it in the room with the tent. Hydrogen peroxide will kill mold and mildew 1part h2o2 to 2 parts water 10 min will kill most mold and mildew. Treat the tent and room its in and get humidity under control.

He didn't translate to the position worth a shit, nope. Not that he was a prize behind center, either.

However, let's ditch the player opinions and stick to a nice football fact.

It's 9:08am and ou still sucks! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom