BCNL / Supercloset ... First time grower.

Prime

Hey all, first off I wanted to say I've been trying to research this topic the best I could, and it seems there is very limited information(at least current information on these systems as far as reviews go.) I'm completely aware, as I have read on many forums, this and other websites, that it is definitely more cost efficient to create your own grow environment. With that aside... What I'm asking is...

a) does anyone currently use either of the systems? how does it perform?

b) alternatively, what would be a comparative solution for "semi-stealth" growing if I were to build my own system.

c) (If I were to grow my own system)... What would be an easier medium to start with? Soil? Hydro? I understand that this question is quite biased based on experience and comfort-ability of soil or hydro..

Any information is helpful as I am very new to this and just recently started doing my research.. with plans of getting my first grow going within the next month

Trying to decide to grow in soil or hydro is one of the first things that needs settled.

Way back in the old days, I tired growing in soil. Did ok, but wasn't impressed with it, and there wasn't the information out as there is today. Did two grows, and dropped it.

Now years later, I started in hydro. From what I've read and my own experience is this:

With soil, if you start out simple, keep it simple, you can do well. Keep an eye on it, read lots and lots, learn how the plant is behaving and you can catch most problems before they get too bad.

With hydro, same thing as soil (KISS). But hydro goes a lot faster. From seed or cuttings, you can harvest in four months or less. If you don't keep an eye on it, it go down hill faster than you can recover it.

So.. I would suggest hydro, and I have prejudice for it. Start simple, don't expect too much. Lots of help in this forum, if you spend the time to find and read it.

Stealth Hydro sells a base starter kit. Also easy to DIY, if you are that type.

On the closet question, where is it planned to be? How stealthy does it need to be?

Prairie

hey thanks for the response... yeah i've been leaning more toward the hydro set up... Ummm well this is gonna sound pretty lame, but my parents have agreed to let me grow at their house so long as the neighbors won't know and it doesn't smell up the house... so in other words.. as long as its "semi-stealthy" it should be fine(so long as I can put it somewhere it wont smell).

If you can afford a bloombox i would say go for it. I know they are very overpriced but the quality is amazing and its a great way to learn...I started with one and taught myself to clone and keep a healthy mother...later on you can go bigger but if money isnt an issue id give that a go

Back
Top Bottom